Tender Manager/Business Development Manager -
We’re a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We’re not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking a Business Development Manager.
Work Country: Worldwide (Office Entities)
Division / Department: Ocean Intelligence
Reports to: Commercial Director
What will you do:
- Responsible for expanding customer base and increasing profitable sales within an appointed geographic region (Scandinavia or Continental Europe) for subsea marine surveys;
- Implement Business Development activities within an assigned region through the formulation and execution of proposal strategies that capitalize on competitive strengths to serve the customer’s needs resulting in execution of definitive sales agreements;
- Support the Commercial Director in developing business plans and strategies for appointed region;
- Manage the sales proposal process from opportunity identification through contract completion;
- Lead deal structuring, pricing and all other proposal development activities as the sales team’s primary proposal interface with projects, operations, risk management and other functional groups as required;
- Lead deal strategy development and reviews, ultimately obtaining appropriate approvals for pricing, delivery and other commercial terms for specific sales proposals;
- Support the Commercial Director and TM with direct customer negotiations as required;
- Assist the Commercial Director in identifying new opportunities and creating Business Development analysis for the assigned region;
- Maintain knowledge of market trends, customer requirements, competitor actions, and customer base;
- Work with development of marketing material to promote new products and services for business growth.
Who you are:
- Relevant education to understand the principles of marketing and sales in combination operational experience from the offshore industry and surveying;
- Minimum 5 additional years of experience in Business Development management and Project Management;
- Solid understanding of customer requirements and market dynamics;
- Experience and knowledge from the survey industry; products/services and markets Good knowledge of marketing principles
- Ability to demonstrate a Commerical Directoruntability for functional, business, and broad company objectives;
- Good practical experience with office tools: MS Office, Google Drive, Teams, e-mail, among others;
- Strong communication skills;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
What you can expect:
Since the beginning we are committed to provide all our people with the best possible work conditions and benefits. Therefore, as we grow globally, we are constantly striving to go beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average.
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe that our environment can be anyone’s environment, and one that is sensitive to local needs
- Complies with Ocean Infinity Policies, practices, programs and procedures as described in the Ocean Infinity management system;
- Successfully completes required training as identified by Ocean Infinity Training Program;
- Participates in improving the Ocean Infinity management system by reporting events, attending meetings and workshops, reporting problems, and recommending improvements, and other related activities;
- Informs their manager / responsible person of any unidentified risks, hazards, or system deficiencies in the workplace by using Stop Work authority, SOB card reporting, Incident reporting or by reporting directly to relevant personnel;
- Communicates and implements Ocean Infinity’s policies and procedures and their requirements to employees, visitors, and contractors;
- Supports Ocean Infinity’s Health & Safety, Environmental and Social goals.
Click here to apply.