Software Quality Assurance -
We are seeking an individual for a Software Quality Assurance position.
Ocean Infinity is a pioneer of large scale marine robotic operations deploying robotic technologies to capture ocean data and deliver maritime solutions whilst minimising our environmental footprint. Our purpose is to innovate using robotics and technology to transform industries, enabling people and the planet to thrive. Ocean Infinity is a place where creativity and innovation is demanded and allowed to flourish.
Ocean Infinity recently acquired the Portuguese company Abyssal, which develops and implements proprietary software solutions for the offshore industry geared towards improving the safety and efficiency of subsea operations.
The company’s technology ranges from a managed cloud data platform, synthetic environments, advanced 3D visualisation and operation management system tools. The software created is mission-critical and strives for extreme reliability.
Work location: Portugal
Division / Department: Development Team
Reports to: QA Lead
The main function of this position is to test efficiently and enhance the development processes and product experience.
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Evangelize QA culture across the team;
- Develop test strategies alongside the QA team;
- Collaborate with the team to understand how the process can be improved;
- Ensure processes are being followed as designed by the QA team;
- Communicate effectively about defects with the team;
- Identify opportunities to add value to the product;
- Follow the QA team methodology;
- Participate in the whole product development process, from the requirements definition to the end-to-end tests;
- Share knowledge with other team members.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes;
- Strong knowledge of different types of Software QA testing;
- Proven experience as a Software QA in complex agile software development projects;
- Ability to execute tests from complex technical concepts and requirements;
- Strong knowledge of test writing techniques;
- Experience in creating test artifacts;
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing) – C1 Level;
- Experience with version control systems;
- Experience working with tools such as Jenkins and Teamcity;
- Experience with Jira and Confluence.
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of test automation and automation tools/frameworks.
- Complies with Ocean Infinity management system policies, all OIMS practices, programs, and procedures.
- Successfully completes required training as identified by OIMS and the management team.
- Participates in the OIMS by reporting events, attending meetings and workshops, reporting problems, and recommending improvements, and other related activities.
- Informs an Ocean Infinity Supervisor, Team Lead, or Manager of any unidentified risks, hazards, or system deficiencies in the workplace.
- Supports Ocean Infinity’s environmental and social goals.
- Opportunity to actively contribute towards UN Sustainable Development Goals and address the global challenges we face;
- Informal environment and flexible hours;
- Health insurance for you and your family for free;
- Travel Insurance for you and your family for free;
- Partnership discounts;
- Personalized training, providing personal and professional growth;
- Career progression;
- Team Building activities;
- Fruit, coffee and occasionally some treats.
Ocean Infinity is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Click here to apply.