We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking a Senior Software Engineer (LabView). The Senior Software Engineer/LabView Programmer will assist in the development of software systems for marine robotics such as seafloor drills and associated systems – specifically; offshore vessel deck based automated geotechnical sample handling, processing and storage solutions. The type of projects you will work on include subsea control systems and associated user interfaces, as well as other bespoke systems. You will create the code that controls a product line of state of the art remotely operated seabed drilling and sampling systems. One of the leading purposes of this product is to survey ground conditions of future offshore wind turbine sites, enabling efficient design of green energy offshore construction projects. We work in a structured version-controlled coding environment and have defined software engineering processes. You will both be able to complete solo tasks and contribute effectively in a team environment. You will be friendly, co-operative and genuinely engaged in the work we are doing. You have a strong sense of curiosity and a desire to “learn by doing.” However, you will also have a firm grounding in the LabView programming language.
Work Country: United Kingdom
Work Location: Hybrid
Division/Department: Geotechnical Division
Reports to: Geotechnical Product Development Manager
What will you do:
- Work in a small team developing software systems for marine robotics;
- Work in a multi-disciplinary group that includes electrical, mechanical, systems & operations expertise;
- Low level programming in LabVIEW for cRIO and sbRIO hardware platform;
- GUI programming in LabVIEW for Windows;
- Assist with robot system testing (hardware & software);
- Software design & documentation to company standards;
- Active participation in all phases of software development;
- Stay current on relevant technologies;
- Some international travel is expected;
- Some offshore work is expected;
- This role is primarily for LabVIEW development, however other software tools & platforms may be needed.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- LabVIEW software development;
- Strong understanding of quality management such as standards, regulations and applicable policies and procedures;
- Good practical experience with office tools: MS Office, Google Drive, Teams, e-mail, among others;
- Thoughtful, thorough and conscientious;
- Interested in others and strives for the best for the team;
- Interested in others and strives to act in the best interests of the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Integrity, credibility and maturity for confidential issues;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company’s purpose;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD) or higher;
- 2 years or more experience in low level software development in a commercial environment;
- Experience with marine robotics: AUVs, ROVs or related technologies;
- Experience with formal revision control systems (Git, Perforce or equivalent);
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, including Visio;
- Experience with any of C, C++, Arduino or Python.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
For applications, please send your CV to: email@example.com