We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking a Senior IT Operations Engineer to support the IT Infrastructure onboard our remote vessels and connectivity system to our remote control centre, based in Southampton. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Armada fleet operations, reporting directly to the Armada IT Operations Manager.
Work Country: Southampton, United Kingdom
Work Location: Onsite
Division/Department: IT Enterprise
Reports to: Marine IT Operations Manager
What will you do:
- Monitor, manage and troubleshoot IT & Network issues across the Armada fleet;
- Resolve 2nd and 3rd line IT support incidents and requests and assisting\mentoring 1st line engineers;
- Point of escalation for the Junior/Mid-level IT Operations Engineers, supporting in troubleshooting steps;
- Respond to, diagnose and fault find monitoring alerts and tickets in a queuing system;
- Manage ticket queues and ensure response and resolution SLA’s are met;
- Document, schedule and implement change requests for the Armada fleet and RCC;
- Perform root cause analysis on critical issues and establish improvements to prevent repeat occurrences;
- Analyse metrics and contribute to operational reporting;
- Participate in an on-call rota to ensure maximum uptime across the fleet of vessels and facilities;
- Create and document Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
Who you are:
- Strong experience in troubleshooting and problem solving network issues;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, to interpret requirements and present findings;
- Excellent organisational skills to efficiently prioritise your workload and orchestrate changes;
- High degree of attention to detail;
- Experience as a 2nd/3rd Line Engineer or similar position while coaching and supporting junior team members;
- Good understanding and experience with ticketing systems, such as ServiceNow, Zendesk and ServiceDesk Plus;
- Ability to work with non-technical teams to identify an issue and quickly establish remedial actions;
- Strong understanding of customer service and end-user experience is absolutely critical as this role interacts directly with business users, including senior executives;
- A can-do attitude with a willingness to solve problems even if occasionally they may be considered “out of scope” for the role.
- At least 2 years experience working as a 2nd/3rd line engineer;
- Experience troubleshooting Network Hardware;
- Vendor management and ability to escalate appropriately ;
- Good understanding and experience using monitoring tools, such as LogicMonitor Zabbix and CloudWatch.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
Click here to apply.