Senior Artificial Intelligence Researcher -
Ocean Infinity is seeking a full-time Artificial Intelligence Researcher based in Porto.
Ocean Infinity is a pioneer of large scale marine robotic operations deploying robotic technologies to capture ocean data and deliver maritime solutions whilst minimising our environmental footprint. Our purpose is to innovate using robotics and technology to transform industries, enabling people and the planet to thrive. Ocean Infinity is a place where creativity and innovation is demanded and allowed to flourish.
Ocean Infinity recently acquired the Portuguese company Abyssal, which develops and implements proprietary software solutions for the offshore industry geared towards improving the safety and efficiency of subsea operations.
The company’s technology ranges from a managed cloud data platform, synthetic environments, advanced 3D visualisation and operation management system tools. The software created is mission-critical and strives for extreme reliability.
Work location: Porto, Portugal
Division / Department: Research Team
Reports to: AI Team Lead
The main function of this position is to conceptualize, prototype and iterate cutting-edge AI technology for marine robotic operations. The post will report to the AI Team Lead.
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Read, comprehend and critically evaluate research papers and share this knowledge with the team;
- Conceptualization of novel and practical solutions to difficult/unsolved problems;
- Design, plan and manage machine learning/computer vision experiments;
- Write complete and meaningful reports regarding experiment results;
- Propose and plan new research projects;
- Develop machine learning/computer vision prototypes in a fast paced environment.
Skills & Qualifications:
- MSc/PhD on Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related field;
- Relevant experience in computer vision, image processing and machine learning;
- Hands on experience with Python or other programming languages typically used for data analysis;
- Experience with Deep Learning frameworks such as PyTorch and Tensorflow;
- Experience with Computer Vision frameworks such as Opencv;
- Experience with version control systems;
- Experience with experiment management tools such as Weights & Biases and Tensorboard;
- Proficiency in English and Portuguese, both written and spoken;
- Great communication skills for both technical and business audiences;
- Problem-solving, open-minded, critical thinking attitude;
- Curious, proactive and team-oriented spirit.
- Knowledge of 3D computer vision (i.e., SLAM, SfM,…).
- Complies with Ocean Infinity management system policies, all OIMS practices, programs, and procedures.
- Successfully completes required training as identified by OIMS and the management team.
- Participates in the OIMS by reporting events, attending meetings and workshops, reporting problems, and recommending improvements, and other related activities.
- Informs an Ocean Infinity Supervisor, Team Lead, or Manager of any unidentified risks, hazards, or system deficiencies in the workplace.
- Supports Ocean Infinity’s environmental and social goals.
- Opportunity to actively contribute towards UN Sustainable Development Goals and address the global challenges we face;
- Informal environment and flexible hours;
- Health insurance for you and your family;
- Dental Insurance for you and your family;
- Travel Insurance for you and your family;
- Partnership discounts;
- Personalized training, providing personal and professional growth;
- Career progression;
- Team Building activities;
- Fruit, coffee and occasionally some treats.
Ocean Infinity is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Click here to apply.