Remote Survey Operations and QA Architect -
Ocean Infinity is seeking a Remote Survey Operations and QA Architect.
Ocean Infinity is a pioneer of large scale marine robotic operations deploying robotic technologies to capture ocean data and deliver maritime solutions whilst minimising our environmental footprint. We are building the world’s largest fleet of marine robotic vehicles, offering the safest and most sustainable operations the industry has ever seen. Our purpose is to innovate using robotics and technology to transform industries, enabling people and the planet to thrive.
Our core belief that the seemingly impossible can be achieved with innovative, creative thinkers and cutting-edge technology has remained at the heart of the company. Ocean Infinity is a place where creativity and innovation is demanded and allowed to flourish. The team is constantly developing the most advanced technology and data handling capabilities in order to remain at the forefront of the industry.
Ocean Infinity Group Ltd is a leading data analytics and marine robotics business. Operating in the oceans worldwide we push industry boundaries with innovative technology and thinking. We safely and sustainably deliver ultra-high-quality data that has been acquired at unmatched speeds. We provide answers for our clients in a way the industry has never seen before.
Work location: Southampton, United Kingdom (with work site travel)
Division / Department: Subsea Technology
Reports to: Engineering Manager / Director of Subsea Technology
We are now seeking to recruit a Remote Survey Operations and QA Architect to spearhead the development of onboard data acquisition, QC and pre-processing developments for a range of subsea sensors including Hydrographic, Geophysical and Inspection systems. You will be supported by an expert of team of sensor and data specialists from the group of companies including our recent acquisition, MMT.
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Become multi skilled and proficient in operating, maintaining and fault finding on an array of company Payload equipment including the Armada vessels and the company’s equipment;
- Being responsible for defining the requirements for Data Automation onboard the USVs with respect to Survey data only;
- Support the assessment of external and internal QC and pre-processing systems and develop the business cases around these developments;
- Able to manage third party contractors where necessary to develop, implement and sign off data automation systems;
- Develop a full understanding of data types and architecture to support data validation and automation developments;
- Develop a full understanding of the command and control systems architecture to refine data flows and opportunities for remote quality control developments;
- Bench testing for turnaround times in file production;
- Able to manage a team of experts as technical authority in the design and implement new routines and prepare test and acceptance documentation for final acceptance as a deployable system;
- Define systems, resources and documentation with respect to mission planning, system configuration and calibration;
- Define the requirements to fulfil client needs while monitoring survey progress on-site at the RCC;
- Optimise data acquisition methods to maximise data quality and minimize post processing workload;
- Produce the standard operating manual for uncrewed survey;
- Be able to work in a core team at our offices in Southampton and any integration sites around the world if necessary;
- Definition of logging parameters to be undertaken with ongoing focus on ease of relevant metadata extraction and compatibility with preliminary automated processing;
- Support the establishment of standardized file types/formats;
- Be familiar with the company’s operational procedures relating to the performance of their duties;
- Be familiar with equipment related emergency procedures and will understand their own role and the role of others directly involved in performing emergency recoveries;
- Work in a manner that ensures his own and his co-worker’s safety;
- Be familiar with the applicable sections of the company HSE policy;
- Actively participate in all safety related briefing such as Toolbox Talks related to the assigned system or tasks;
- To be responsible for maintaining awareness during the performance of their duties, recognizing the effect changes which may have on safe performance;
- Maintain effective communication and working relationships with other colleagues, both junior and senior;
- Be able to clearly assign tasks to junior colleagues and instruct them in the performance of these tasks;
- To participate in project briefing and familiarization meetings held;
- To be familiar with the different software control systems running on the Armada vessels and manage the data automation tools in this environment;
- Efficiently design, perform and document payload tests / trials;
- Able to identify where additional test plans needs to be implemented;
- Liaise with OEMs to rectify software issues.
Limit of Authority:
- The Data Automation Specialist has the authority to take the necessary actions to fulfil the responsibilities and duties as defined above.
- The Payload Technician has both the authority and the obligation to stop any work process that they feel is not being performed in a safe matter.
- The Payload Technician may be delegated additional project specific authorities their immediate supervisor or department head assigns to them on a case by case basis.
- Technical background in Hydrographic, Geophysical and/or Subsea inspection systems;
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in operations within ROV, AUV, Survey or have other technical qualifications from serving in the Armed Forces and or Marine Industry;
- Full Driving License;
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Offshore Survival Qualifications;
- Seafarers Medical Certificates;
- Chartered Surveyor;
- First Aider.
All Team Members
- Complies with Ocean Infinity management system policies, all OIMS practices, programs, and procedures.
- Successfully completes required training as identified by OIMS and the management team.
- Participates in the OIMS by reporting events, attending meetings and workshops, reporting problems, and recommending improvements, and other related activities.
- Informs an Ocean Infinity Supervisor, Team Lead, or Manager of any unidentified risks, hazards, or system deficiencies in the workplace.
Ocean Infinity is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
For applications, please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com