We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking an experienced person from marine operations who is open minded and who embraces new technology and new ways of working. The person will be leading an industry changing transition from sea to shore and will be responsible for building a strong team in the Remote Control Center in close collaboration with the Fleet Management team and the payload operations team.
Work Country: Singapore
Work Location: Hybrid
Reports to: Deputy COO
What will you do:
- Build and implement robust RCC procedures and routines that facilitate the transition from operations at sea to shore;
- Constantly strive for improvements and more efficient ways of working;
- Plan and execute cross training of personnel;
- Identify and build new roles to satisfy the new operational needs of the company;
- Build and plan for inhouse manning capacity with a view to reduce the use of manning agencies to a minimum;
- Ensure the RCC operations are well planned and conducted safely and with sufficient redundancy in terms of personnel availability and skillset;
- Build a truly global operational RCC capability;
- Work closely with flag state, unions and other stakeholders to drive the legislation and perception of the RCC operations in a desired way.
Who you are:
- Interested in others and strives for the best for the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Integrity, credibility and maturity for confidential issues;
- Ability to work as a trusted advisor with senior stakeholders;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company’s purpose;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- Operational marine experience in a senior role;
- Experience in building training programs;
- Experience in change management;
- Strong understanding of quality management such as standards, regulations and applicable policies and procedures;
- Good practical experience with office tools: MS Office, Sharepoint, Teams, e-mail, among others.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
Click here to apply.