We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking a Purchasing Agent. You will be expected to develop and manage the supply chain for Ocean Infinity Solutions Corporation seabed drilling and sampling machine manufacturing program. The Purchasing Agent will be expected to be honest, pragmatic and an excellent communicator. You will both be able to complete solo tasks and contribute effectively in a team environment. You will be friendly, co-operative and genuinely engaged in the work we are doing. You have a strong sense of curiosity and a desire to “learn by doing.” However, you will also have a firm grounding in supply chain management;
Work Country: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Work Location: Onsite
Division/Department: Ocean Infinity Solutions – Production
Reports to: Production/Program Manager
What will you do:
- Develop purchasing strategies and identify buying trends;
- Negotiate terms and contracts with suppliers;
- Follow up with suppliers on deliveries;
- Monitor inventory levels and verify purchase requisitions;
- Keep detailed records;
- Maintain professional relationships with key suppliers, including annual assessments/evaluations.
Who you are:
- Post-secondary degree in business operations, production, supply chain or related field;
- Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident status;
- Previous experience in procurement or related position;
- Previous experience with an ERP system: 1-5 years;
- Previous experience in a projectized work environment: 1-5 years;
- Strong understanding of quality management such as standards, regulations and applicable policies and procedures;
- Good practical experience with office tools: MS Office, Google Drive, Teams, e-mail, among others;
- Thoughtful, thorough and conscientious;
- Interested in others and strives for the best for the team;
- Interested in others and strives to act in the best interests of the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Integrity, credibility and maturity for confidential issues;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company’s purpose;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- Knowledge of international shipping practices;
- Knowledge of TDG shipping practices;
- Cash-handling skills;
- ISO9001 quality control;
- Familiarity with occupational health and safety programs;
- Experience working with the Jobscope ERP system.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
For applications, please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org