We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is now seeking Project Geologists, to follow Geophysical projects and datasets from preparations through acquisition, processing, interpretations and reporting onto final delivery and project closeout. The PG works proactively to ensure that the project results and specifications are met with minimum deviation and according to our processing procedures. We are looking for a person who fulfils the Senior Geologist or Grade 1 IMCA standards, is proactive, an active communicator, and is a natural leader who can land support the offshore and onshore team.
Work Country: Portugal, Sweden, UK
Work Location: Hybrid or Remote
Division/Department: Geology Department
Reports to: Geologist Manager, Deputy Geologist Manager
What will you do:
- The Project Geologist (PG) is onshore based and is responsible for ensuring that geophysical data processing, interpretation, quality control and results meet the project specifications and shall be proactive to minimise deviation from the client’s requirements. The PG ensures that the geophysical procedures are followed (onboard vessels and office) and that the logs are up to date.
- Perform processing, interpretation, and reporting of mainly geophysical survey data, including data from, but not limited to, side scan sonar, sub bottom profiler, magnetometer, gradiometer, video inspection and geotechnical survey;
- Acts as the coordinator for the office geologists assigned to the project;
- Has an overview of the processing status of the geo data and is able to present the results to the other project group members and clients;
- Ability to follow more than one project at a time, provided that the time allows all PG responsibilities to be fulfilled;
- Works independently with the projects assigned to them;
- Proactively assess issues that may arise in the project concerning the geophysical data and find solutions on how to avoid or solve them in the most efficient and time-saving way;
- Actively communicate with the project team, including processing Geologists, Senior Geophysicist (SrG), Offline Coordinator (OC), Project Report Coordinator (PRC) and Project manager (PM) to ensure data acquisition and processing meet project requirements and that the processing procedures are followed;
- Prepare the project in collaboration with the PRC;
- As required, prepare a presentation, present and discuss geophysical and geological results with PRC / PM and Client;
- Ensure that Ocean Infinity procedures and project requirements are known and followed by the geologists assigned to the project;
- Support and guide the offshore geologist team during the acquisition phase of the project to ensure procedures are followed, and project requirements are met;
- Oversee and take part in office-based data processing, interpretation, and reporting;
- Ensure interpretation makes geological sense and aligns with known background data, if available;
- Ensure that final products are quality checked and meet both internal and external project specifications;
- Assist the Process Owner in ensuring that processing routines are continuously reviewed with respect to efficiency and quality;
- Support PRC regarding time estimate for processing, interpretation, and reporting of geo-related data in projects, including Variation Orders;
- Working with the process owners suggests, develops and tests new technical developments to automate, simplify or accelerate the data processing and interpretation.
Who you are:
- Fulfils the requirements for Senior Geologist or Grade 1 IMCA standards with 5 years’ experience;
- Fluent in English, written and spoken;
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft 365 and Geophysical commercial software including but not limited to Chesapeak Sonarwiz, IHS Kingdom, RadExPro and Geosoft Oasis Montaj;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company’s purpose
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Strong communicative skills;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Good influencing, negotiation, and communication skills;
- Analytical and planning skills, is pro-active, and takes initiative;
- Integrity, credibility, and maturity for confidential issues;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- Experience in a similar leading/coordinating role in the geophysical survey industry;
- Experience in AUV surveys, HiSAS processing and remote operations.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
Click here to apply.