We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking a dedicated Project Document Controller to join our team. As a Project Document Controller, you’ll play a key role in supporting the projects in maintaining documentation quality and standards. Your attention to detail and commitment will be instrumental in ensuring all project related documents are in harmony with our guidelines, policies, and our clients’ specific needs.
Work location: Gothenburg, Sweden or Southampton, United Kingdom
Work country: Onsite
Division / Department: Projects & Reporting
Reports to: Deputy PRC Manager
What will you do:
As the Project Document Controller at Ocean Infinity, your role will be multifaceted, requiring both an acute attention to detail and the capacity to support the project team. Here’s an overview of your core responsibilities and daily activities:
- Project Documentation & Standards:
- Manage document naming, format reviews, storage, and revision history for commercial project deliveries.
- . Implement and monitor project documentation standards to ensure alignment with benchmarks and client specifications.
- SharePoint Management:
- Administer SharePoint for efficient control of project documents.
- Assist with SharePoint-related queries, training, and support for team members.
- Communication & Client Relations:
- Act as a liaison between the Project & Reporting team and clients on documentation matters.
- Ensure that documents dispatched to clients are also shared with the pertinent vessels and project personnel throughout a project’s duration.
- Document Review & Quality Control:
- Engage in regular quality reviews, ensuring every document upholds the project’s format and revision standards.
- Track and manage document revisions and version control to ensure clarity and consistency.
- Training & Collaboration:
- Collaborate with project participants to provide insights and training on document handling.
- Facilitate inter-departmental alignment, ensuring the consistency of Project & Reporting tasks.
In your day-to-day, you can expect to keep documentation standards, be well versed in SharePoint functionalities, engage in communications with clients and team members, and be crucial for maintaining the quality and consistency of project documents.
Who you are:
As Project Document Controller, here’s what we expect in terms of qualifications, experience, and alignment with our company’s ethos:
- Qualifications & Experience:
- Proficiency with standard office tools: MS Office (including SharePoint), Google Drive, Teams, e-mail, and others.
- Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills;
- Conscientious & Detail-Oriented: You are thoughtful, thorough, and consistently strive for precision in all you do;
- Team Player: You’re genuinely interested in others and always look to act in the best interests of the team. Your ability to work well both in a team setting and independently speaks volumes about your adaptability;
- Ownership & Integrity: You take pride in your work, engage wholeheartedly, and maintain the highest level of integrity, credibility, and maturity, especially when faced with confidential issues;
- Efficient & Proactive: Excellent time management skills allow you to prioritize tasks seamlessly in a fast-paced environment. You’re driven, proactive, and can work autonomously, always steering towards the company’s purpose with little oversight.
- Environmentally Conscious: At Ocean Infinity, our commitment to the planet is unwavering. Your enthusiasm for safeguarding both people and the environment will be an asset to our team.
Your alignment with these qualifications, experience parameters, and core values will be instrumental in ensuring that you not only excel in your role but also contribute positively to Ocean Infinity’s brand and culture.
While the core qualifications and skills provide the foundation for success in the Project Document Controller role, the following attributes would give you an edge and are highly desirable at Ocean Infinity:
- Experience in overseeing project deliveries, with a track record that speaks to your meticulousness and efficiency.Qualifications in Quality Assurance or Quality Control.
- Specialized training or courses related to document control or information management.
- A track record of successfully implementing and maintaining document control systems in medium to large projects.
- Experience with advanced SharePoint features or similar document management software.
- Technical & Behavioral Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, showing adeptness in juggling varied tasks while maintaining high standards.Innovative Thinking: A knack for introducing or suggesting new tools, techniques, or processes that can further optimize project documents workflows.
- Cultural Awareness: Experience in working with diverse teams or international clients, showcasing an understanding and respect for varied cultural nuances.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
Click here to apply.