Power Platform Engineer -
Ocean Infinity is seeking a Power Platform Developer who will take responsibility for creating, managing, and improving our Power Platform systems.
Ocean Infinity is a pioneer of large scale marine robotic operations deploying robotic technologies to capture ocean data and deliver maritime solutions whilst minimising our environmental footprint. We are building the world’s largest fleet of marine robotic vehicles, offering the safest and most sustainable operations the industry has ever seen. Our purpose is to innovate using robotics and technology to transform industries, enabling people and the planet to thrive.
Our core belief that the seemingly impossible can be achieved with innovative, creative thinkers and cutting-edge technology has remained at the heart of the company. Ocean Infinity is a place where creativity and innovation is demanded and allowed to flourish. The team is constantly developing the most advanced technology and data handling capabilities in order to remain at the forefront of the industry.
Ocean Infinity Group Ltd is a leading data analytics and marine robotics business. Operating in the oceans worldwide we push industry boundaries with innovative technology and thinking. We safely and sustainably deliver ultra-high-quality data that has been acquired at unmatched speeds. We provide answers for our clients in a way the industry has never seen before.
Work location: Hereford, UK
Division / Department: IT Enterprise
Reports to: Director, Digital Engineering and Operations
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Work with the internal development team at Ambrey to develop solutions for our rapidly evolving operations environment;
- Work with various teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues and queries;
- Managing an incident queue ensuring that service availability is maintained, keeping customers informed of progress of their issue;
- Proactively suggest improvements to internal process and procedure where relevant as well as follow best practice in all development;
- Work solo as well as providing support to other team members by sharing resources and knowledge;
- Upgrade the system as required by the growing needs of the business;
- Maintain good version control and documentation of all work done;
- Manage a list of user development requests, ensuing log of priorities and ROI to business;
- Be available for rare out of hours support requests.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power Platform, preferably 2 years of previous experience;
- Previous experience in a Support environment;
- Understanding of Power Platform, DataVerse, Power Automate, Power Apps, PowerShell, Dynamics 365, .NET, and C#;
- Basic understanding of Azure services as they relate to Power Platform;
- Understanding of the Power Component Framework (PCF);
- The motivation and enthusiasm to take ownership and responsibility;
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Outstanding communication skills;
- Experience of handling customer complaints effectively.
All Team Members
- Complies with Ocean Infinity management system policies, all OIMS practices, programs, and procedures.
- Successfully completes required training as identified by OIMS and the management team
- Participates in the OIMS by reporting events, attending meetings and workshops, reporting problems, and recommending improvements, and other related activities.
- Informs an Ocean Infinity Supervisor, Team Lead, or Manager of any unidentified risks, hazards, or system deficiencies in the workplace.
- Supports Ocean Infinity’s environmental and social goals.
Ocean Infinity is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
For applications, please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com