Payload Integration Technician -
Ocean Infinity is a pioneer of large scale marine robotic operations deploying robotic technologies to capture ocean data and deliver maritime solutions whilst minimising our environmental footprint. We are building the world’s largest fleet of marine robotic vehicles, offering the safest and most sustainable operations the industry has ever seen. Our purpose is to innovate using robotics and technology to transform industries, enabling people and the planet to thrive.
Our core belief that the seemingly impossible can be achieved with innovative, creative thinkers and cutting-edge technology has remained at the heart of the company. Ocean Infinity is a place where creativity and innovation is demanded and allowed to flourish. The team is constantly developing the most advanced technology and data handling capabilities in order to remain at the forefront of the industry.
Ocean Infinity Group Ltd is a leading data analytics and marine robotics business. Operating in the oceans worldwide we push industry boundaries with innovative technology and thinking. We safely and sustainably deliver ultra-high-quality data that has been acquired at unmatched speeds. We provide answers for our clients in a way the industry has never seen before.
Work location: Southampton (home base)/Global
Division / Department: Subsea Technology Division
Reports to: Survey Systems Integration Lead
We are now seeking to recruit a Payload Integration Technician to assist with the installation, planning, integrations, maintenance and operations with our payload equipment focused on survey sensor integration to fixed and dynamic platforms.
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Become multi skilled and proficient in operating, maintaining and fault finding on an array of company Payload equipment including the Armada vessels and the company’s equipment;
- Be able to work in a small team anywhere in the world in supporting company Armada fleet of vessels and equipment in the field and in company workshops;
- Work closely with payload and vessel management teams to ensure company assets, 3rd party assets, spares and all other associated equipment are maintained and operable;
- Work with company engineers in the integration of company equipment onto the Armada vessels, both mechanically and electrically;
- Be familiar with the company’s operational procedures relating to the performance of their duties;
- Be familiar with the operation, maintenance, and fault-finding of the assigned system, including the Launch and Recovery Systems;
- Be responsible for performance of tasks within the preventative maintenance program as assigned and delegated by the Supervisor. The updating of maintenance records and recording of tasks completed falls within this scope;
- Be able to recognize deteriorating environmental conditions and react accordingly under supervision;
- Be familiar with equipment related emergency procedures and will understand their own role and the role of others directly involved in performing emergency recoveries;
- Work in a manner that ensures his own and his co-worker’s safety;
- Be familiar with the applicable sections of the company HSE policy;
- Actively participate in all safety related briefing such as Toolbox Talks related to the assigned system or tasks;
- To have the responsibility and ensure that all equipment and safety equipment is fit for purpose prior to use;
- To be responsible for maintaining awareness during the performance of their duties, recognizing the effect changes which may have on safe performance;
- Maintain effective communication and working relationships with other colleagues, both junior and senior;
- Be able to clearly assign tasks to junior colleagues and instruct them in the performance of these tasks;
- To participate in project briefing and familiarization meetings held;
- Able to work with the software team to maintain/modify / upgrade software configuration files;
- To produce technical drawings and other documentation of any modifications or upgrades of the Armada system;
- Able to perform field maintenance of control systems under the guidance of the engineering team;
- Efficiently design, perform and document payload tests/trials;
- To operate payload control software packages as required and to recognize and log any issues;
- Liaise with OEMs to rectify hardware/software issues.
Limit of Authority:
- The Payload Integration Technician has the authority to take the necessary actions to fulfil the responsibilities and duties as defined above;
- The Payload Integration Technician has both the authority and the obligation to stop any work process that they feel is not being performed in a safe matter;
- The Payload Integration Technician may be delegated additional project specific authorities their immediate supervisor or department head assigns to them on a case by case basis.
- Technical or engineering background in either mechanical or electrical systems;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in operations within AUV or Survey or have other technical qualifications from serving in the Armed Forces and or Marine Industry;
- Full Driving License;
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Marine based qualifications;
- Forklift license;
- First Aider.
- Complies with Ocean Infinity management system policies, all OIMS practices, programs, and procedures;
- Successfully completes required training as identified by OIMS and the management team;
- Participates in the OIMS by reporting events, attending meetings and workshops, reporting problems, and recommending improvements, and other related activities;
- Informs an Ocean Infinity Supervisor, Team Lead, or Manager of any unidentified risks, hazards, or system deficiencies in the workplace.
Ocean Infinity is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
For applications, please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com