We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking a Payload Integration Manager to support the growing team and purchased assets worldwide.
This role will require excellent leadership and communication skills to coordinate the complex task of integrating purchased assets and technology to our owned ships which is the platform. They will build a team in planning, engineering, documenting items to be put into service by the mobilisation teams. They will also oversee the implementation of planned maintenance of all new assets to ensure long life of our assets.
The person will report into the Mobilisation and Maintenance Lead and work closely with new build marine team and the mobilisation managers.
Work Country: Southampton, UK
Work Location: Onsite
Division/Department: Mobilisations and Maintenance
Reports to: Head of Mobilisations and Maintenance
What will you do:
- Supervising a team of integration engineers in their day to day business and ensuring the team work in the most efficient manner as possible;
- Working with engineering department to implement new technologies and capabilities as well as reporting on lessons learnt to improve offshore operations;
- Working with the operations team to ensure effective and continued operations;
- Offering technical support where needed for on & offshore operations;
- Assist management and QHSE to build safe working risk assessments and procedures;
- Work to and comply with the company IMS and it’s policies;
- Effective reporting to the line manager;
- Being point of contact to the contractual and cost requirements of our suppliers and communicating this with the team;
- Responsible for contracts and ensuring contractual dates for delivery and services;
- Responsible for warranty processes;
- Supporting the business where necessary to get equipment and vessels into operation;
- Ensuring documentation is in order;
- Connecting the teams well with good communication;
- Working with existing supplier to ensure equipment is delivered in time for mobilisations.
Who you are:
- Familiar with the systems being purchased;
- Experienced at integration and mobilisations;
- Good understanding of budgets and cost control;
- Strong understanding of quality management such as standards, regulations and applicable policies and procedures;
- Good practical experience with office tools: MS Office, Google Drive, Teams, e-mail, among others;
- Thoughtful, thorough and conscientious;
- Interested in others and strives to act in the best interests of the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Integrity, credibility and maturity for confidential issues;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy;
- Ability to work as a trusted advisor with senior stakeholders
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company’s purpose;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- Engineering background;
- Offshore experience;
- Understanding of marine rules and regulations when it comes to class.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
Click here to apply.