Offshore Superintendent -
Ambrey, part of Ocean Infinity, is seeking an Offshore Superintendent.
Ocean Infinity is a pioneer of large scale marine robotic operations deploying robotic technologies to capture ocean data and deliver maritime solutions whilst minimising our environmental footprint. We are building the world’s largest fleet of marine robotic vehicles, offering the safest and most sustainable operations the industry has ever seen. Our purpose is to innovate using robotics and technology to transform industries, enabling people and the planet to thrive.
Ambrey was established in 2010 to offer a dynamic and creative solution putting clients’ needs first, providing safety, security, marine and risk management services to the Shipping, Oil & Gas, and Offshore industries.
In June 2021, Ambrey became part of Ocean Infinity. The acquisition combines Ocean Infinity’s robotic vessels, data, cyber, artificial intelligence, and low emission operations with one of the leading brands in the maritime security sector, expanding our operations into North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Work location: Southampton, United Kingdom
Division / Department: Ambrey Offshore
Reports to: Senior Offshore Superintendent
The Offshore Superintendent [Deck] will be responsible for the day-to-day monitoring and management of assigned vessels. They will be safety, efficiency, and performance focused, they will be expected to communicate and coordinate, accurately and confidently.
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring day to day shipborne operations at sea and in port in order to ensure safe, efficient and timely performance;
- Ensuring ships certificates are in date, valid and compliant at all times;
- Liaising with clients, charters and concerned parties;
- Plan and coordinate port calls, ship to ship transfers and all other logistical requirements;
- To promote and nurture a robust safety culture;
- To ensure all deck purchase requisitions are accurate, required and approved in line with company purchasing procedures and policies;
- To advise on and monitor the supply of all navigational chart holdings, nautical publications, and their corrections to the fleet;
- Monitor ships budget, maintain and report on OPEX targets;
- Management of Ship’s crew with the assistance of the crewing manager;
- Liaison with flag states of registry and classifications societies in order to ensure all inspections and surveys are planned, conducted and coordinated in an efficient manner;
- Monitor the routine use of forecasting and weather routing suppliers;
- Ensuring the understanding, implementation, and application of new legislation (IMO, MARPOL, SOLAS, STCW, MLC and all other regulatory bodies);
- Enforce, review and support updates to the company ISM;
- To advise and assist in planning for ships dry docking;
- Monitoring the usage of the Planned Maintenance System as well as the ships and crew compliance management tools;
- Visit ships as instructed by the Director Offshore to conduct internal audits;
- Assist the Senior Offshore Superintendent on day-to-day matters and be prepared to perform his duties in his absence;
- To act as Marine Adviser to the company’s emergency response team;
- Designated Person Ashore duties.
Qualifications and skills
- Served as a deck officer for a minimum of 5 years;
- Shore based experience is preferred;
- Strict on safety policy and looking to drive safe practices across the fleet;
- Experience of working with Defence Vessels (Navy, RFA, Coast Guard etc.) preferred;
- Deep and demonstrated knowledge of all Maritime and international legislation and guidelines;
- Excellent communication skills, and attention to detail;
- IT Literate, able to fully utilise all Current Microsoft Office Programs;
- Full UK Driving Licence;
- Available for overseas vessels and site visits.
Ocean Infinity is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Click here to apply.