We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking a Mobilisation Manager to plan and execute the mobilisation and deployment of the Armada fleet vessels from yards in Norway, Vietnam and the UK. The Mobilisation Manager will be expected to integrate with a wider team of project managers overseeing multiple aspects of the Armada fleet including vessel delivery, remote control systems and payload systems. The mobilisation phase of the Armada project is when all these systems will be integrated, tested and put into service.
The applicant is to have extensive experience in working in the offshore environment and shore-based operations, have a demonstrable experience technically and operationally in planning, mobilising, operating and integrating offshore equipment. The successful applicant will support the Armada teams and consulting teams by ensuring all mobilisation activities are project managed and executed to the highest standard.
The applicant will be responsible for managing Mobilisation Teams and above all ensure all activities are completed safely and delivered successfully as per the project plans.
The applicant will be required to work with the vessel fleet teams, Subsea Tech department and OI operations to ensure all activities associated with mobilisations are conducted in a safe and timely/coordinated manner.
Work Country: Singapore / Flexible – (travel to Southampton, Vietnam, Aalesund, Gothenburg, Singapore)
Work Location: Hybrid
Division/Department: Mobilization and Maintenance
Reports to: Head of Mobilization and Maintenance
What will you do:
- Act as the necessary link between each vessel mobilisation team, the project management, organization and technology development teams, to successfully execute vessel mobilisation
- Assist management and OI consulting team in delivering an overall equipment integration project plan for all classes of vessels and for all proposed equipment.
- Assist management, QHSE and OI consulting team in building safe working mobilisation procedures and risk assessments
- Work closely with OI System Engineers, Marine and other project management teams to produce detailed deck plans across the fleet of Armada vessels.
- Act as point of contact to management and OI consulting team about all mobilisation activities assess program risks, anticipate challenges, and provide escalation to management when necessary.
- Work with the project team to ensure other OI employed competent persons are in place to assist mobilisation technicians when required.
- Work with suppliers during the planning phase, equipment delivery and commissioning stages in order to best serve OI interests at all stages of equipment mobilisation
- Support OI’s current conventional operational fleet with payload equipment deliveries and planning
- Ensure all lifting certifications are in order and stored in the vessel database to align annuals for the whole ship
- Complete mobilisation check off sheets and ensure mobilisation plans are signed off by all associated parties;
- Assist management and the OI consulting team in the following areas:
- Produce resource plans, and ensure suitably qualified personnel are planned for and in place for each mobilisation;
- Update the project activity plan on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis;
- In finance control by highlighting what is required and by when;
- Work closely with other project teams to ensure there are no conflicts of interest with other activities whilst carrying out mobilisation works.
- Assist management and the OI consulting team to ensure all the following points are present and up to date within the working place:
- Integration procedures;
- Full integration checks and final sign off;
- Integration documentation generated, completed and filed accordingly.
Who you are:
- At least 10 years experience in equipment preferably in the subsea/offshore/Marine field including:
- Good understanding of vessel based operations, mobilisation and DNV compliance for subsea equipment;
- Procurement management and managing assigned budget(s);
- Overseeing maintenance schedules;
- Project mobilisation and demobilisation;
- Management of inventories;
- Mobilisation of offshore operational vessels in their entirety to support offshore operations.
- Familiar with SIMOPS and coordinating between port and vessel authorities;
- Good knowledge of marine, subsea, survey operational activities to aid in future, operational, and engineering forums;
- Project management with good operational and interpersonal skills,
- Working knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems in the Subsea Environment.
- Technical and IT skills, particularly when it comes to database management and spreadsheets;
- problem-solving skills and the ability to work on a tactical and strategic level;
- Proven record of ability to manage time and work to deadlines;
- Able to make critical decisions under pressure, whilst maintaining a safe work environment;
- Must be able to challenge process, convention and implement resultant positive changes in all aspects of work;
- Thoughtful, thorough and conscientious;
- Interested in others and strives to act in the best interests of the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Ability to work as a trusted advisor with senior stakeholders;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company’s purpose;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- Full Driving license;
- Valid offshore certification e.g BOSIET, Medical;
- Technical or commercial tendering experience;
- NEBOSH/Safety delegate, safety, SMS, compliance training or certificate.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
For applications, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org