We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking a Payload Technician to assist with the installation, planning, integrations, maintenance and operations with our payload equipment from survey sensors to dual deep water remotely operated equipment.
Work Country: Southampton, United Kingdom
Work Location: Hybrid
Reports to: Payload Integration Manager
What will you do:
- Become multi skilled and proficient in operating, maintaining and fault finding on an array of company Payload equipment;
- Work in a small team worldwide to support our vessels and equipment in the field and in company workshops;
- Work closely with payload and vessel management teams to ensure company assets, 3rd party assets, spares and all other associated equipment are maintained and operable;
- Work with company engineers in the integration of company equipment, both mechanically and electrically;
- Be familiar with our operational procedures relating to the performance of their duties;
- Be familiar with the operation, maintenance, and fault-finding of the assigned system, including the Launch and Recovery Systems;
- Be responsible for the performance of tasks within the preventative maintenance program as assigned and delegated by the Supervisor;
- Be responsible for updating of maintenance records and recording of tasks;
- Be able to recognize deteriorating environmental conditions and react accordingly under supervision;
- Be familiar with equipment related emergency procedures and will understand their own role and the role of others directly involved in performing emergency recoveries;
- Work in a manner that ensures his own and his co-worker’s safety;
- Be familiar with the applicable sections of the company HSE policy and actively participate in all safety related briefing such as Toolbox Talks related to the assigned system or tasks;
- To have the responsibility and ensure that all equipment and safety equipment is fit for purpose prior to use;
- Responsible for maintaining awareness during the performance of their duties, recognizing the effect changes may have on safe performance;
- Maintain effective communication and working relationships with all colleagues;
- Ability to clearly assign tasks to junior colleagues and instruct them in the performance of these tasks;
- Participate in project briefing and familiarization meetings held;
- Travel globally for up to 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off to assist in the mobilisation, repair, maintenance and testing of company equipment;
- Sail on the vessels to test and validate company equipment;
- Assist in the creation of technical Scope of work to issues mobilization teams, support mobilizations of payload equipment worldwide;
- Assist with technical support in the operation of payload equipment, acting as the first line of defence for any breakdown or failure of equipment.
Who you are:
- Technical or engineering background in either mechanical or electrical systems;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in operations within ROV, AUV, Survey, Geotech or have other technical qualifications;
- Full Driving License;
- Valid Passport;
- Fluent in both written and spoken English;
- Understanding of networks and networking;
- Good practical experience with office tools: MS Office, Google Drive, Teams, e-mail, among others;
- Thoughtful, thorough and conscientious;
- Interested in others and strives to act in the best interests of the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Integrity, credibility and maturity for confidential issues;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company’s purpose;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- Marine-based technical qualifications;
- Vessel engine maintenance;
- Forklift license;
- First Aider;
- Knowledge of high voltage power systems.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
Click here to apply.