Marine Electrical and Installations Engineer -
Ocean Infinity is seeking a Marine Electrical and Installations Engineer.
Ocean Infinity is a pioneer of large scale marine robotic operations deploying robotic technologies to capture ocean data and deliver maritime solutions whilst minimising our environmental footprint. We are building the world’s largest fleet of marine robotic vehicles, offering the safest and most sustainable operations the industry has ever seen. Our purpose is to innovate using robotics and technology to transform industries, enabling people and the planet to thrive.
Our core belief that the seemingly impossible can be achieved with innovative, creative thinkers and cutting-edge technology has remained at the heart of the company. Ocean Infinity is a place where creativity and innovation is demanded and allowed to flourish. The team is constantly developing the most advanced technology and data handling capabilities in order to remain at the forefront of the industry.
Ocean Infinity Group Ltd is a leading data analytics and marine robotics business. Operating in the oceans worldwide we push industry boundaries with innovative technology and thinking. We safely and sustainably deliver ultra-high-quality data that has been acquired at unmatched speeds. We provide answers for our clients in a way the industry has never seen before.
Work location: Southampton, United Kingdom (with global travel)
Division / Department: Marine
Reports to: Marine Electrical Lead
The Marine E&I Engineer is responsible for the electrical systems support of the effective day to day operation of the nominated asset(s), ensuring that they are maintained and operated in line with regulatory and legislative requirements. For proactive supplier management, cost control, and supporting the Marine Electrical Lead. Working closely with the Assistant Technical Superintendent and wider team to assure asset integrity and operability.
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring allocated assets are maintained and operated in line with all regulatory requirements, industry best practices and guidelines;
- Ensuring allocated assets are operated in line with the Company’s Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality policies and procedures;
- Support the Marine Electrical Lead in planning, controlling and execution of all Electrical activities connected with maintenance, repairs and surveys of the associated equipment;
- Ensure vessel defects are closed out satisfactorily and within a timely fashion;
- Ensure relevant work scopes for vessel dry dockings and out of service periods are fully planned, work scopes clearly identified and quality, safety and resource plans in place prior to the commencement of the project;
- Undertake regular vessel visits to ensure OI electrical standards are being upheld;
- Ongoing monitoring of the assets performance trends taking remedial actions when these are outside of agreed parameters;
- Provide technical support to onboard crew for remote support and fault finding, as well as effectively communicate and provide instructions in high pressure situations;
- Undertake regular inspections of the assets and compile formal reports on the material condition as well as concerns regarding the asset and its operability;
- Active participation in incident investigations as appropriate;
- Work with the HSE Team to ensure that the vessel is fully supported with respect to QHSE including ensuring that assigned QHSE actions are closed out within the agreed timeframes;
- Taking a team approach to the holistic operation and supporting the wider operational team in subject matter areas of expertise;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Marine Electrical Lead.
- 3 years’ experience as an electrical engineer or 5 years as an ETO offshore with relevant marine electrical qualification;
- Relevant exposure of the Design, Installation, Modifications & Support of Marine Electrical Systems;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with personnel at all levels within the organisation;
- Experience of operating, maintaining & commissioning LV power distribution equipment;
- Knowledge of FMEA & FMECA processes;
- Knowledge of DP, navigation & bridge equipment;
- Experience in project management (cost control, schedules, planning);
- Knowledge of planned maintenance systems;
- Ability to understand electrical drawings, concepts & designs;
- Adaptability and problem-solving capability;
- Strong technical and engineering skills.
- ETO CoC or equivalent;
- Experience with HV switchgear up to 3kV;
- Hybrid power generation and propulsion experience;
- UKKOA Medical.
- Complies with Ocean Infinity management system policies, all OIMS practices, programs, and procedures;
- Successfully completes required training as identified by OIMS and the management team;
- Participates in the OIMS by reporting events, attending meetings and workshops, reporting problems, and recommending improvements, and other related activities;
- Informs an Ocean Infinity Supervisor, Team Lead, or Manager of any unidentified risks, hazards, or system deficiencies in the workplace;
- Supports Ocean Infinity’s environmental and social goals.
Ocean Infinity is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
For applications, please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com