Marine Data Product Owner -
Ocean Infinity is seeking a Marine Data Product Owner to support through experience and client interaction, solutions to improve and present data products, to share insights to internal/external stakeholders related to the field.
Ocean Infinity is a pioneer of large scale marine robotic operations deploying robotic technologies to capture ocean data and deliver maritime solutions whilst minimising our environmental footprint. We are building the world’s largest fleet of marine robotic vehicles, offering the safest and most sustainable operations the industry has ever seen. Our purpose is to innovate using robotics and technology to transform industries, enabling people and the planet to thrive.
Our core belief that the seemingly impossible can be achieved with innovative, creative thinkers and cutting-edge technology has remained at the heart of the company. Ocean Infinity is a place where creativity and innovation is demanded and allowed to flourish. The team is constantly developing the most advanced technology and data handling capabilities in order to remain at the forefront of the industry.
Ocean Infinity Group Ltd is a leading data analytics and marine robotics business. Operating in the oceans worldwide we push industry boundaries with innovative technology and thinking. We safely and sustainably deliver ultra-high-quality data that has been acquired at unmatched speeds. We provide answers for our clients in a way the industry has never seen before.
Work location: United Kingdom
Division / Department: Marine Data Solution
Reports to: Director Enterprise Marine Data Solutions
This is a new role in the organization, due to expansion and will be part of the wider Enterprise IT Operations team, reporting into the Director, Enterprise Marine Data Solutions. The main function of the Enterprise Marine Data Product Owner is to assess, evaluate, implement, integrate and support business systems for the Enterprise.
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
The duties and responsibilities of a data analyst include more than collecting and analyzing data. They also make this data accessible to those who need the information to streamline business processes. In general, the day-to-day activities of a data analyst include the following (but not limited to):
- Using data mining to extract information from data sets and identify correlations and patterns;
- Organizing and transforming information into comprehensible structures;
- Using data to predict trends in the customer base and the consumer population as a whole;
- Performing statistical analysis of data;
- Using tools and techniques to visualise data in easy-to-understand formats, such as diagrams and graphs;
- Preparing reports and presenting these within organisation, to management or to clients;
- Identifying and recommending new ways to save money by streamlining data processes and to support data stream from source to end;
- Monitoring data quality and removing corrupt data;
- Communicating with internal stakeholders to understand data content and business requirements/opportunities;
- Monitoring data quality and identify corrupt data;
- Communicating with all internal stakeholders to understand data content, process and needs as from a business perspective.
- Data-driven and possess strong analytical/technical skills so as to draw sharp insights and actionable from data;
- Profound understanding of the marine data flow, from sensor to product, including pre-project planning, execution and reporting;
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational;
- Ability to build on existing relationships within the industry with both Clients and peers;
- Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive;
- Ability to work independently and with others;
- Organized with strong time-management skills;
- Open minded and positive attitude;
- Ability to communicate with internal or external individual/groups on all levels;
- Ability to work within a team as well as single handed;
- Self-motivated to drive tasks forward;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Problem solver;
- Critical thinker;
- Compassion, humor and honesty.
- 10 years minimum extensive and thorough understanding of marine data content as well as marine data processing relevant to the field;
- Knowledge of marine survey instruments and their applied uses in the offshore industry;
- Highly experienced in different marine survey types (e.g., Asset Inspection, Route surveys, Seabed Mapping) and their associated requirements;
- Profound understanding of the marine data flow, from sensor to product;
- Knowledge of data processing platforms relevant to the domain and of relevant procedures;
- Knowledge of relational databases as used within the relevant field;
- Data-driven and possess strong analytical skills so as to draw sharp insights from data and perform appropriate actions;
- Able to communicate effectively with all relevant internal and external stakeholders across entire data stream (instrument and software developers to end client).
• Knowledge and background within any of Ocean Infinity Group lines of business, but specifically within marine survey sector.
- Complies with Ocean Infinity management system policies, all OIMS practices, programs, and procedures;
- Successfully completes required training as identified by OIMS and the management team;
- Participates in the OIMS by reporting events, attending meetings and workshops, reporting problems, and recommending improvements, and other related activities;
- Informs an Ocean Infinity Supervisor, Team Lead, or Manager of any unidentified risks, hazards, or system deficiencies in the workplace;
- Supports Ocean Infinity’s environmental and social goals.
Ocean Infinity is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
For applications, please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org