We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking a Marine Advisor who will take a focal point role for the operational performance and standards of assurance for marine assets assigned. Integral to the role is the function of delivering nautical and operational support to vessels to facilitate safe and efficient operation.
As part of a dynamic marine team responsible for an ambitious fleet of vessels, the Marine Advisor will be a key player in the development of internal marine standards for a variety of operational modes and application of evolving industry standards.
Work Country: Southampton, United Kingdom
Work Location: Hybrid
Division/Department: Fleet Management
Reports to: Head of Fleet Management
What will you do:
- Drive operational excellence in line with the Company’s Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality policies and procedures and industry best practice;
- Work closely in supporting the Vessel operations Managers;
- Drive operational efficiencies and performance improvements across the fleet;
- Undertake regular vessel visits to support marine crew;
- Active participation in incident investigations as appropriate;
- Evaluate vessel requirements in relation to mooring, marine and nautical equipment;
- Co-ordinate the provision of specialist advice on all marine and nautical issues to vessel operators team;
- Close interfacing with the HSSEQ Team to ensure that the vessel is fully supported with respect to HSSEQ including ensuring that assigned HSSEQ actions are closed out within the agreed timeframes;
- Be the DP lead for the fleet assisting in all DP matters and project CAMO’s and ASOG’s.
Who you are:
- Shipboard experience as a Senior Deck Officer;
- 5 years experience as an Operations Manager, DPA, Marine Superintendent or equivalent;
- DP experience and qualifications;
- Familiar with IMCA standards for DP operations and incident reporting;
- Good practical experience with office tools: MS Office, Google Drive, Teams, e-mail, among others;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy;
- Ability to work as a trusted advisor with senior stakeholders;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company’s purpose;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently.
- A master mariner with experience working in management onshore.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
Click here to apply.