We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking an Enterprise IT Security Architect. This is a new role in the organization, due to expansion and will be part of the wider Enterprise IT Architecture team, reporting to the Enterprise Architecture Manager. The main function of the IT Security Architect is to design and implement holistic security architecture to Enterprise IT infrastructure, systems, networks, data, and cloud platforms.
Work Country: UK and USA
Work Location: Remote
Division/Department: Enterprise IT
Reports to: Enterprise Architecture Manager
What will you do:
- Design and implement security architecture centred on Zero Trust across all Ocean Infinity environments including enterprise infrastructure, marine, and software development;
- Develop and maintain security architecture artefacts that can be used to leverage security capabilities in projects and operations;
- Develop and maintain a security architecture process that enables the enterprise to develop and implement security solutions and capabilities that are clearly aligned with business, technology, and risk drivers;
- Determine baseline security configuration standards for operating systems, network segmentations, applications, identity and access management;
- Track developments and changes in business and threat environments to ensure they are adequately addressed in security strategy plans and architecture artefacts;
- Provide enterprise systems design, technical project leadership, system implementation, ongoing operational support, proactive analysis, and capacity planning;
- Liaise with other Enterprise IT teams, including Enterprise IT Cyber Operations, to understand needs, share best practices and insights, validate security practices, and evaluate the design and operational security effectiveness of their architecture;
- Validate IT and Supplier infrastructure and other reference architectures for security best practices and recommend changes to enhance security and reduce risk, where applicable;
- Participate in application and infrastructure projects to provide security planning advice;
- Provide support and expertise to assist with issues escalated by Operational support teams;
- Develop a strong understanding of Ocean Infinity lines of business and Enterprise IT technology;
- Communicate and illustrate complex technical designs;
- Awareness and understanding of cyber security trends and threat actor techniques;
- Work alongside a team of Infrastructure Architects and Engineers on large implementation projects;
- Develop and maintain security strategy plans and roadmaps based on sound enterprise architecture practices.
Who you are:
- 8+ years of experience in a cyber security related field;
- 5+ years of experience as a security or solutions architect;
- Experience with Cloud Platforms, Azure DevOps, Active Directory, Windows servers, SQL Server, Firewalls, Routers, WAPs, End Point Security, Virtualization Technologies, Mobile Device Management, Application Management, VPN, Asset Management, Patch Management, Vulnerability Scanners;
- Knowledge of NIST CSF and 800-53, ISO 2700X, SOC2 security frameworks;
- A strong track record building critical solutions, with end-to-end project responsibility and providing technical consultancy services to a range of clients;
- Hands on experience with technical implementation and configuration of enterprise infrastructure and systems;
- Ability to work with multiple network platforms including CheckPoint, Palo Alto, Cisco, Meraki;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Integrity, credibility and maturity for confidential issues;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy;
- Ability to work as a trusted advisor with senior stakeholders;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company’s purpose;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or related degree.
- Industry relevant certifications
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
For applications, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com