We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking an IT Operations Engineer to support the IT Systems in our Porto office. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the IT operations team, reporting directly to the Workforce IT Operations Manager.
Work Country: Porto, Portugal
Work Location: Hybrid (onsite 3 days minimum)
Division/Department: Enterprise IT
Reports to: Workforce IT Operations Manager
What will you do:
- Monitor, manage and troubleshoot IT & Network issues across the fleet and on-shore environments;
- Resolve 1st & 2nd line IT support incidents and requests;
- Respond to, diagnose and fault find monitoring alerts and tickets in a queuing system;
- Manage ticket queues and ensure response and resolution SLA’s are met;
- Document, schedule and implement change requests where necessary;
- Perform root cause analysis on critical issues and establish improvements to prevent repeat occurrences;
- Analyse metrics and contribute to operational reporting;
- Create and document Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
Who you are:
- Strong experience troubleshooting and problem solving network issues;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, to interpret requirements and present findings;
- Excellent organisational skills to efficiently prioritise your workload and orchestrate changes;
- High degree of attention to detail;
- Experience as a 1st or 2nd line Engineer or similar position;
- Good understanding and experience with ticketing systems, such as ServiceNow, Zendesk and ServiceDesk Plus;
- Ability to work with non-technical teams to identify an issue and quickly establish remedial actions;
- Strong understanding of customer service and end-user experience is absolutely critical as this role interacts directly with business users, including senior executives;
- A can-do attitude with a willingness to solve problems even if occasionally they may be considered “out of scope” for the role.
- At least 1 year experience working as a 1st or 2nd line engineer;
- Experience troubleshooting Network Hardware;
- Vendor management and ability to escalate appropriately;
- Good understanding and experience using monitoring tools, such as LogicMonitor, Zabbix and CloudWatch.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
For applications, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com