We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking an IT Infrastructure Architect to join our team. This role is part of the Enterprise IT Architecture team and will report to the Enterprise Architecture Manager. The main function of the Infrastructure Architect is to design and develop the infrastructure needed to support business initiatives.
Work Country: United Kingdom
Work Location: Remote
Division/Department: Enterprise IT
Reports to: Enterprise Architecture Manager
What will you do:
- Collaborate with business leaders and the IT Architecture team to analyse business and IT needs and translate them into technical solutions;
- Design, develop, document, and communicate plans for new and existing solutions for all infrastructure technology, partnering with other IT teams to implement comprehensive solutions;
- Ensure solution designs and implementation meet IT and Architecture Principles; Evaluate projects from a technical perspective, ensuring alignment with business and IT needs;
- Be the champion for a security-first mindset and elevate the overall security competency within IT;
- Assist in the development of policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures that direct the selection, development, implementation, and use of Information Technology within the enterprise;
- Evaluate new technologies and create proposals for their adoption based on business goals, investments, benefits and risks;
- Foster innovation and implement creative out-of-the-box ideas;
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with business stakeholders and technical leaders;
- Monitors and analyses industry, technology and market trends to determine the potential impact on infrastructure and the organization.
Who you are:
- 2+ years of experience in an IT architecture role with a focus on designing and implementing complex, distributed systems;
- 5+ years of experience in an infrastructure related role;
- 8+ years of experience in an IT related field;
- Knowledge of and experience delivering technical capabilities across multiple technologies/platforms;
- In-depth knowledge of infrastructure technologies, including servers, storage, network, security, and cloud computing;
- Experience with virtualization, containers, and automation tools;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Integrity, credibility and maturity for confidential issues;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy;
- Ability to work as a trusted advisor with senior stakeholders;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company’s purpose;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or related degree;
- Certifications in infrastructure architecture, such as TOGAF or other industry relevant certifications.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
For applications, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com