IMR Tender Manager -
Ocean Infinity is seeking a Tender Manager to support the global Inspection, Maintenance & Repair (IMR) business line in line with the Company’s growth strategy. The Tender Manager position will include the responsibilities of writing and calculating tenders for Ocean Infinity projects.
Ocean Infinity is a pioneer of large scale marine robotic operations deploying robotic technologies to capture ocean data and deliver maritime solutions whilst minimising our environmental footprint. We are building the world’s largest fleet of marine robotic vehicles, offering the safest and most sustainable operations the industry has ever seen. Our purpose is to innovate using robotics and technology to transform industries, enabling people and the planet to thrive.
Our core belief that the seemingly impossible can be achieved with innovative, creative thinkers and cutting-edge technology has remained at the heart of the company. Ocean Infinity is a place where creativity and innovation is demanded and allowed to flourish. The team is constantly developing the most advanced technology and data handling capabilities in order to remain at the forefront of the industry.
Ocean Infinity Group Ltd is a leading data analytics and marine robotics business. Operating in the oceans worldwide we push industry boundaries with innovative technology and thinking. We safely and sustainably deliver ultra-high-quality data that has been acquired at unmatched speeds. We provide answers for our clients in a way the industry has never seen before.
Work location: Woolston/Aberdeen, United Kingdom or Gothenburg, Sweden (Flexible Working)
Division / Department: Asset Integrity / Ocean Intelligence
Reports to: Global Asset Integrity Director
The focus requirements of the role are understanding the global scopes of work, the operational execution, calculations and coordination of expertise and tasks required for documentation. The Tender Manager is expected to lead tender negotiations and handle contractual negotiations from receipt of tender to contract award.
You should be a dynamic individual with technical competence, looking for a new challenge, with a desire to progress your career as Ocean Infinity grows and acquires new business.
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Experience in compiling a complete, competitive, accurate and feasible offer with a well-organised offer documentation & delivering the tender within the agreed time frame, tender budget and within the agreed Ocean Infinity process;
- Have a desire to develop knowledge and skillset associated with a robotic and technology-based company, which is constantly innovating and expanding the service offering;
- Able to work under pressure, ensuring delivery of tasks associated with demanding schedules;
- Able to adhere to the Ocean Infinity tendering procedures and deliver assigned tasks to a consistently high standard;
- Build and maintain contacts with the external parties involved, investigate client demand and respond to signals from clients and stakeholders;
- Supporting the technical team in delivering the best technical and risk assessed solution and determine the cost-price budget, planning and risk analysis;
- Supporting the Sales team to communicate the best offering to the client in accordance with their offshore campaign;
- Strong communicator who is able to interface with technical expertise across fleet, engineering, ROV, finance, business development, and inspection/survey disciplines;
- Confident in client facing role, with the ability to present and negotiate throughout the tendering process;
- Thorough skills with numbers and writing are essential – administration remains a large part of the work.
- 10+ years of tender management experience or exposure to client RFI, RFP and submission clarifications;
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office inc. Project;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills;
- Knowledge of remote offshore operations and robotic technology;
- A desire to further develop knowledge and skillset associated with a robotic and technology, which is constantly innovating and expanding the service offering;
- Experience in tendering or project execution including estimating, qualification of contract and commercial documentation, negotiating, cost forecasting and reporting;
- Sound contractual knowledge and analytical skills;
- Contractual acumen, abiding to stringent confidentiality measures;
- Fluency in English language, spoken and written.
- Educated to degree level, preferably with a Law, Business or Engineering qualification;
- Experience within the Offshore IMR, Construction, O&M, Decommissioning or Marine industries;
- Ability to work using own initiative and to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to effectively manage own workload, and work within given timescales (both internal and external), ensuring project requirements are met;
- Flexible with regards to travel to Ocean Infinity UK offices, in addition to international locations for internal or client liaison;
- Project Management qualification, Prince 2, APM.
- Complies with Ocean Infinity management system policies, all OIMS practices, programs, and procedures;
- Successfully completes required training as identified by OIMS and the management team;
- Participates in the OIMS by reporting events, attending meetings and workshops, reporting problems, and recommending improvements, and other related activities;
- Informs an Ocean Infinity Supervisor, Team Lead, or Manager of any unidentified risks, hazards, or system deficiencies in the workplace;
- Supports Ocean Infinity’s environmental and social goals.
Ocean Infinity is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Click here to apply.