We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking a Hydrographic Surveyor to join a team executing large scale surveys for nautical charting in diverse locations predominantly in Australia and New Zealand, but with the opportunity to gain a variety of experience in Ocean Infinity’s worldwide projects.
Work Country: Australia or New Zealand
Work Location: Hybrid
Reports to: Operations Manager
What will you do:
- Plan and conduct survey tasks against specifications, internal procedures and direction;
- Perform the configuration, calibration and deployment of survey equipment such as MBES, GNSS, tide gauge, current meters, sound velocity sensors etc;
- Conduct on-site data acquisition (seafloor mapping, coastline, sediment samples, positioning of features (land and subsea) etc), and field processing/data checks;
- Conduct data compilation, processing (bathymetry, navigation, oceanographic etc) and reporting (field records and final technical reports) tasks;
- Conduct data interpretation of the seabed nature and features;
- Integrate dataset to Geographic Information System for intermediate and final deliverable products (plans/maps/charts/images), as well as contributing to new workflows and processes;
- Adhere and be part of all HSE elements related to your role and projects;
- Gain experience towards further industry progression;
- To achieve the requirements, extended periods in the field will be required, but you will be rewarded with a continually changing office in some of the World’s most stunning locations;
- Have the ability to work from home or the office when not engaged in projects.
Who you are:
- Hydrographic Survey / Survey Degree, or equivalent;
- Experience in working offshore;
- Competent in hydrographic data acquisition software packages;
- Experience in processing software packages;
- Keen attention to detail to support equipment configuration and field reporting requirements;
- Strong understanding of quality management such as standards, regulations and applicable policies and procedures;
- Good practical experience with office tools: MS Office, One Drive, Microsoft Teams, among others;
- Residency or work visa entitlements to work in Australia;
- Thoughtful, thorough and conscientious;
- Interested in others and strives for the best for the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal and people skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company’s purpose;
- Critical thinker with the ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- FIG/IHO Category B surveyor or a Certified Professional Hydrographic Surveyor Level 2 with the Australasian Hydrographic Surveyors Certification Panel, or regional equivalent. Or the ability to achieve Certification in the near future;
- Geophysical or Marine Science qualifications and experience;
- Experience in nautical charting projects and/or renewables sector;
- Experience in multi-sensor surveys, particularly Sub Bottom Profiling;
- Experience in oceanographic observations;
- OGUK or AMSA Medical.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
Click here to apply.