We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
The HSEQ Operational Team Lead will be leading the HSEQ project support team and will also lead HSEQ in assigned projects to ensure that HSEQ aspects are looked after and are being implemented in all project phases. This includes review of client documentation and requirements, auditing, setting up project HSEQ documentation, risk management, management of incident investigation, reporting and follow up as well as managing operational issues related to HSEQ.
Work Country: Gothenburg, Sweden
Work Location: Hybrid
Reports to: Head of HSEQ
What will you do:
- Operational Team Leader;
- Delegate projects to HSEQ Advisors;
- Participate and hold meetings related to the projects;
- Responsible for Weekly Project meetings;
- Project Management HSEQ (Project HSEQ role);
- Be the document owner of HSEQ documents related to Charted vessels;
- Assist OI vessels to keep up to date HSEQ documentation onboard;
- Maintain and update documentation related to Projects and HSEQ;
- Maintain and develop the Ocean Infinity management system;
- Document Non-conformity reports and the operation of the Incident reporting system;
- Be a part of the HSEQ department’s Incident reporting 24/7 duty;
- Continuously update legal changes related to projects;
- Participate in development of HSEQ training programs;
- Manage HSEQ issues during tender processes;
- Manage HSEQ issues during project and reporting processes;
- Lead vessel visits and participation in marine surveys;
- Assist during internal and external audits related to the regional offices;
- Perform onboard audits and inspections of vessel trading in the region;
- Follow up on local regulations for vessels in your projects;
- Responsible for maintaining HSEQ operational procedures;
- Travel to Project KO Meetings and Client Meetings;
- Being deputy of Head of HSEQ.
Who you are:
- Relevant Bachelor / Master degree or recognized health and safety qualification or previous relevant work;
- Have at least 3 years HSE experience, preferably in projects;
- Strong understanding of quality management such as standards, regulations and applicable policies and procedures;
- Good practical experience with office tools: MS Office, Google Drive, Teams, e-mail, among others;
- Thoughtful, thorough and conscientious;
- Interested in others and strives to act in the best interests of the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Integrity, credibility and maturity for confidential issues;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy;
- Ability to work as a trusted advisor with senior stakeholders;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company’s purpose;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 auditing certifications.
- Incident Investigation qualification.
- Experience from working in Offshore / Marine sectors
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
Click here to apply.