We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
The HSEQ advisor JR will be part of the HSEQ project support team and will lead HSEQ in assigned projects to ensure that HSEQ aspects are looked after and are being implemented in all project phases. This includes review of client documentation and requirements, auditing, setting up project HSEQ documentation, risk management, management of incident investigation, reporting and follow up as well as managing operational issues related to HSEQ.
Work Country: Southampton, UK
Work Location: Onsite
Reports to: Head of HSEQ
(and on a daily basis to the HSEQ Operation Team Leader for the project support team. Regional manager for day-to-day activities.)
What will you do:
- Project HSEQ Management (Project HSEQ role);
- Assist OI vessels to keep HSEQ documentation updated onboard;
- Assist OI vessels and chartered vessels to keep up to date with PPE & LSA onboard;
- Maintain and update documentation related to HSEQ;
- Maintain and develop the Ocean Infinity management system;
- Document Non-conformity reports and the operation of the MINCS system;
- Be a part of the HSEQ department’s MINCS 24/7 duty;
- Continuously update legal changes;
- Participate in development of HSEQ training programs;
- Manage HSEQ issues during tender processes;
- Manage HSEQ issues during project and reporting processes;
- Vessel visits and participation in marine surveys;
- Assist internal and external audits related to the regional offices;
- Perform onboard audits and inspections of vessel trading in the region;
- Follow up on local regulations for vessels in your projects;
- Responsible for maintaining local legislation and company procedures for the office & site in the region;
- Maintain correct PPE & LSA in warehouse (UK) and onboard our chartered vessels;
- Travel to Project KO Meetings and Client Meetings;
- Being the designated HSEQ Advisor JR for the RCC in Southampton.
Who you are:
- Relevant Bachelor / Master degree or recognized health and safety qualification or previous relevant work;
- Strong understanding of quality management such as standards, regulations and applicable policies and procedures;
- Good practical experience with office tools: MS Office, Google Drive, Teams, e-mail, among others;
- Thoughtful, thorough and conscientious;
- Interested in others and strives to act in the best interests of the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Integrity, credibility and maturity for confidential issues;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy;
- Ability to work as a trusted advisor with senior stakeholders;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company’s purpose;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 auditing certifications;
- Incident Investigation qualification;
- Experience from working in Offshore / Marine sectors.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
Click here to apply.