We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking an Electrical Superintendent. The Electrical Superintendent is primarily responsible for electrical systems in relation to newbuilding, mobilisaton and in service. Thereafter supporting the wider organisation in the effective day to day operation of the nominated asset(s). Working closely with the marine technical teams and wider organisational team to assure asset integrity and operability.
Work Country: Southampton, United Kingdom
Work Location: Hybrid
Division/Department: Technical Vessel Management
Reports to: Head of Technical Vessel Management
What will you do:
- Ensuring allocated assets are designed, constructed, maintained and operated in line with all regulatory requirements, industry best practices and guidelines at all times;
- Shipyard design review of all E&I systems, verifying compliance with class and regulatory bodies;
- Attendance and oversight of newbuild activities such on behalf of the ship owner in relation to electrical commissioning;
- Ensuring allocated assets are operated in line with the Company’s Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality policies and procedures;
- Support the wider technical team in planning, controlling and execution of all activities connected with maintenance, repairs and surveys of the associated asset;
- Drive efficiencies and performance improvements across the nominated asset;
- Ensure vessel electrical warranty claims and defects are closed out satisfactorily and within a timely fashion;
- Support the technical team in the detailed compilation of budgets;
- Strict cost control and management ensuring expenditure is in line with agreed budgets;
- Ensure relevant work scopes are fully planned, clearly identified and quality, safety and resource plans are in place prior to the commencement of the project;
- Act as focal point within the business for electrical and power generation support for the vessels assigned, liaising with the relevant technical authorities, engineers and support functions;
- Undertake regular vessel visits to demonstrate visible leadership from within the department;
- Ongoing monitoring of the assets performance trends taking remedial actions when these are outside of agreed parameters;
- Undertake regular inspections of the assets and compile formal reports on the material condition as well as concerns regarding the asset and its operability;
- Active participation in incident investigations as appropriate;
- Work with the HSE Team to ensure that the vessel is fully supported with respect to QHSE including ensuring that assigned QHSE actions are closed out within the agreed timeframes;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Head of Technical Management.
Who you are:
- 3 years’ experience as an electrical Superintendent or 5 years as an ETO offshore with relevant marine electrical qualification;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with personnel at all levels within the organisation;
- Adaptability and problem-solving capability;
- Strong technical and engineering skills.
- Thoughtful, thorough and conscientious;
- Interested in the others and strives for the best for the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Integrity, credibility and maturity for confidential issues;
- Ability to work as a trusted advisor with senior stakeholders;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- ETO CoC or equivalent;
- Experience with HV system design;
- UKKOA Medical.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
Click here to apply.