We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking an experienced Deep Geotechnical Manager to oversee the implementation and operation of our next generation of ‘deep’ geotechnical data acquisition equipment deployed from our Armada Fleet of vessels.
The successful candidate will take the overall responsibility for all operational aspects of deep geotechnical acquisition within ‘Service Delivery’ at Ocean Infinity reporting to the Head of Operations.
They will work closely with the wider Service Delivery Team and also liaise and collaborate closely with our ‘Product’ ‘Tech’ and ‘Asset’ teams at Ocean Infinity thereby contributing to the successful delivery, operation and evolution of market-leading geotechnical site investigation services.
Work Country: United Kingdom, Sweden or Portugal
Work Location: Hybrid
Division/Department: Service Delivery
Reports to: Head of Operations
What will you do:
- Take a leading role, whilst collaborating with OI QHSE, in establishing, developing and delivering operational procedures and ensuring operational interfaces are compatible and seamlessly working;
- Champion operational and practical solutions throughout the business with a focus on autonomous operations and robotics;
- Build, manage and develop a successful deep geotechnical operations team considering both offshore equipment intervention and maintenance as well as remote operations;
- Interface with and collaborate with Product, Technical and Asset teams to define, develop and implement equipment improvements and evolutions;
- Liaise with Asset Team to define and implement appropriate deep geotechnical asset management including inventory, inspection and intervention incorporating Ocean Infinity established systems;
- Interface with and collaborate with Commercial Team to define, develop and implement innovative, competitive and fit for purpose deep geotechnical proposals;
- Ensure clear and effective tender handover to Project Managers within Service Delivery in line with the Ocean Infinity Management System (OIMS);
- Provide necessary inputs with respect to operational performance and constraints in the context of Ocean Infinity revenue targets;
- Track and critique the delivery of projects to ensure continuous improvement of Service Delivery to the benefit of Ocean Infinity;
- Perform continuous review and improvement of deep geotechnical operations to ensure that Ocean Infinity remains the leading provider of offshore geotechnical data acquisition services.
Who you are:
- A strong operations background with demonstrable track record, within the Offshore Site Investigation market;
- A minimum of 12 years specific operational experience with deep geotechnical acquisition spreads;
- A geotechnical or civil engineering background with an excellent understanding of the operational and technical requirements of offshore acquisition and marine geotechnics;
- A strong understanding and knowledge of industry relevant standards, regulations, applicable policies and procedures;
- An Understanding of prospective client’s needs and challenges with the ability to implement solutions which are profitable to the Company;
- A focus on data driven approaches to operations management;
- Can inspire and lead an operations team;
- An understanding of the offshore geotechnical data acquisition market and competitive landscape;
- Thoughtful, thorough and conscientious;
- Interested in others and strives to act in the best interests of the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company’s purpose;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- A passion for applying operational knowledge with other expertise such as robotics, digital innovation and data analyses to deliver automation and efficiencies;
- A Project Management qualification.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
Click here to apply.