Compliance Manager -
Ambrey Insurance Brokers Limited is seeking a Compliance Manager.
Ocean Infinity is a pioneer of large scale marine robotic operations deploying robotic technologies to capture ocean data and deliver maritime solutions whilst minimising our environmental footprint. We are building the world’s largest fleet of marine robotic vehicles, offering the safest and most sustainable operations the industry has ever seen. Our purpose is to innovate using robotics and technology to transform industries, enabling people and the planet to thrive.
Our core belief that the seemingly impossible can be achieved with innovative, creative thinkers and cutting-edge technology has remained at the heart of the company. Ocean Infinity is a place where creativity and innovation is demanded and allowed to flourish. The team is constantly developing the most advanced technology and data handling capabilities in order to remain at the forefront of the industry.
Ocean Infinity Group Ltd is a leading data analytics and marine robotics business. Operating in the oceans worldwide we push industry boundaries with innovative technology and thinking. We safely and sustainably deliver ultra-high-quality data that has been acquired at unmatched speeds. We provide answers for our clients in a way the industry has never seen before.
Ambrey Insurance Brokers Limited is part of the Ocean Infinity Group. We are a world first, intelligence-led, disruptive insurance broker with one clear guiding principle: we put our clients first. Our disruptive approach to insurance buying allows us to offer considered and competitive insurance solutions, along with dedicated support for any claims that occur. We have a global network which enables us to deliver local expertise at country level and market knowledge in the local language.
Work location: London, United Kingdom
Division / Department: Insurance
Reports to: Managing Director of Ambrey Insurance Brokers Limited
The Compliance Manager will be responsible for ongoing compliance implementation and regulatory reporting requirements for the FCA and Lloyd’s.
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Managing Director with ongoing compliance implementation and regulatory reporting requirements;
- Ensuring the Insurance team maintains compliant practices in accordance with any future policies issued by Lloyd’s and/or the FCA;
- Engagement with Lloyd’s and the FCA;
- Management of regulatory returns;
- Regulatory change management;
- Conduct Risk oversight and monitoring;
- Management of regulatory returns;
- TAssessing training requirements and maintain training / professional development records for all employees, including organising relevant in-house and external training as deemed appropriate to the nature of the business;
- Complaints handling in accordance with Lloyd’s / FCA guidelines;
- Maintaining records of management and staff meetings.
- Educated to a good general standard, (5 GCSEs A-C, including Math’s and English);
- The ability to build successful mutually beneficial business relationships;
- People management;
- Influencing and negotiation skills;
- Strong communication skills in a variety of mediums including written presentation and oral;
- Planning, organisational and measuring skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Computer literate and a good understanding of the team’s Broker Management System (Sequel);
- Self-development – ability to recognise personal development needs and take responsibility for continuous learning.
- At least 5 years’ experience of working in compliance for a London-market insurance business.
- Holder of ACII or ICSA qualifications is preferred.
All Team Members
- Implements the OIMS and all other organizational practices and programs under his/her supervision or control;
- Requires all team member under his/her direction to successfully complete all required training, competency elements, and OIMS training;
- Collects, recommends, and implements OIMS improvements;
- Collects requisite / appropriate data per the OIMS;
- Ensures there is a process in place to maintain workplaces and equipment under his/her direction that are safe, well kept, and complies with OIMS policies;
- Ensures safe working procedures are developed for the use of hazardous chemicals, physical, and biological substances;
- Conducts or arranges for risks assessments;
- Participates in event investigations, Frontline Insights, Positive Investigations, and other OIMS programs;
- Meets all management system needs for units/departments (e.g. controls, training, PPE, corrective actions, and measures including non-compliance / non-conforming items identified in audits);
- Supports and engages with Ocean Infinity’s environmental and social goals.
Ocean Infinity is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Click here to apply.