Cloud Infrastructure Engineer -
Ocean Infinity is seeking an Enterprise IT Cloud Infrastructure Engineer.
This is a new role in the organization, due to expansion and will be part of the wider Enterprise IT Infrastructure & Architecture team, reporting into the Director, Infrastructure & Architecture. The main function of the Enterprise IT Cloud Infrastructure Engineer is to develop, deploy, maintain, support and optimize cloud environments that host critical infrastructure and business systems.
Ocean Infinity is a pioneer of large scale marine robotic operations deploying robotic technologies to capture ocean data and deliver maritime solutions whilst minimising our environmental footprint. We are building the world’s largest fleet of marine robotic vehicles, offering the safest and most sustainable operations the industry has ever seen. Our purpose is to innovate using robotics and technology to transform industries, enabling people and the planet to thrive.
Our core belief that the seemingly impossible can be achieved with innovative, creative thinkers and cutting-edge technology has remained at the heart of the company. Ocean Infinity is a place where creativity and innovation is demanded and allowed to flourish. The team is constantly developing the most advanced technology and data handling capabilities in order to remain at the forefront of the industry.
Ocean Infinity Group Ltd is a leading data analytics and marine robotics business. Operating in the oceans worldwide we push industry boundaries with innovative technology and thinking. We safely and sustainably deliver ultra-high-quality data that has been acquired at unmatched speeds. We provide answers for our clients in a way the industry has never seen before.
Work location: United Kingdom or Portugal (Remote)
Division / Department: Enterprise IT
Reports to: Director of Infrastructure and Architect
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Develop, deploy, maintain, support and optimize cloud environments that host critical business systems and underlying infrastructure;
- Implement, configure, and maintain all aspects of cloud computing including Networking, Data Services, Logging, IAM, Security, Database, and Storage;
- Plan, document and execute on complex projects including the implementation and growth of the cloud environment;
- Frequent collaboration with Enterprise IT teams to understand and implement cloud infrastructure needs;
- Perform routine cost analysis to ensure cloud resources are appropriately provisioned;
- Monitor cloud service usage and provide reporting for leadership review;
- Deliver improvements in infrastructure and system performance, security, capacity, scalability, and cost;
- Develop scripts to automate the deployment of resource stacks and associated configurations;
- Drive improvement through process simplification and development of automated solutions;
- Depict complex technical ideas, issues and designs through written and verbal communication with sensitivity to a variety of audiences;
- Stay current with cloud security features while working closely with Cyber and Security Operations to enforce and monitor cloud security;
- Identify, communicate and mitigate risks, assumptions and issues;
- Define cloud solution standards, policies, and procedures;
- Identify and perform areas of maintenance and process improvement;
- Implement solutions incorporating security best practices.
- 5+ years of experience operating in a cloud environment;
- 3+ years of experience deploying Microsoft Azure cloud solutions and services;
- Must have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Azure technologies and service catalogue including Azure Migrate/Azure Site Recovery, Azure Infrastructure as a Service – Compute, Storage, Network, Azure Platform as a Services – App Services, ADF, Azure SQL/MI, Storage, Azure Policy, Azure Security Center, Log Analytics/Azure Monitor, Azure Active Directory, Infrastructure as Code, Azure Resource Manager Templates, Azure Custom Policies, Azure Blueprint, Azure DevOps, NSG, and Azure Networking;
- Demonstrable experience deploying enterprise workloads to Azure;
- Understand complex cloud infrastructure designs and potential cost optimization parameters;
- Proficiency with PowerShell, Python, or other scripting languages;
- Strong project management skills to coordinate and facilitate activities with colleagues;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or related degree;
- Preferred Certifications: Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect or equivalent.
- Implements the OIMS and all other organizational practices and programs under his/her supervision or control;
- Requires all team member under his/her direction to successfully complete all required training, competency elements, and OIMS training;
- Collects, recommends, and implements OIMS improvements;
- Collects requisite / appropriate data per the OIMS;
- Ensures there is a process in place to maintain workplaces and equipment under his/her direction that are safe, well kept, and complies with OIMS policies;
- Ensures safe working procedures are developed for the use of hazardous chemicals, physical, and biological substances;
- Conducts or arranges for risks assessments;
- Participates in event investigations, Frontline Insights, Positive Investigations, and other OIMS programs;
- Meets all management system needs for units/departments (e.g. controls, training, PPE, corrective actions, and measures including non-compliance / non-conforming items identified in audits);
- Supports and engages with Ocean Infinity’s environmental and social goals.
Ocean Infinity is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
For applications, please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com