We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking a Chartering Manager responsible for sourcing and chartering in and out of vessels.
Work Country: Portugal, Sweden or UK
Work Location: Remote
Reports to: BD Lead
What will you do:
- Act as contact to and for the market and tender departments regarding vessel requirements;
- Monitoring the charter rates, existing and future forecasted market rates;
- Source and charter (in/out) vessels on long term basis according to the Ocean Infinity (Sweden) vessel strategy;
- Source and charter vessels (in/out) on short term basis based on requirements from project department;
- Monitoring and follow up of charter contracts;
- Maintain commercial contacts with relevant parties; and
- Support the Project and Operation departments in ship-related matters.
Who you are:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Master Mariner or equivalent qualification.
- Good practical experience with office tools: MS Office, Google Drive, Teams, e-mail, among others;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company’s purpose;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
Click here to apply.