We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking a Buyer/Expeditor to execute operational purchasing activities to primarily support the organization’s Armada vessel fleet and payloads. The Buyer/Expeditor shall help driving strategic sourcing projects and support the implementation of sourcing results in the organization.
The Buyer/Expeditor shall handle the day-to-day procurement and purchasing activities in Ocean Infinity. Focus shall be on strategic processes of product or service sourcing such as framework agreements or call off agreements.
Work Country: Singapore, Singapore
Work Location: Onsite or Hybrid
Reports to: Head of Procurement
What will you do:
- Manage operational procurement activities including: identifying new suppliers, leading to vendor onboarding, administration of RFQ/RFP’s, issuing of Purchase Orders, overview T&C’s where OI ones are not engaged, negotiate with suppliers where appropriate, identify cost savings and rebates where appropriate. monthly reporting for the Ocean Infinity fleet and stakeholders;
- Control of expediting process and tracking orders – working with our logistics partners to ensure on-time delivery is met;
- Lead or support Head of Procurement in negotiations with suppliers and subcontractors for the best price, quantities and delivery timescales;
- Foster close working relationships with internal stakeholders and our supply partners;
- Work with departments to identify, assess, evaluate, and audit relevant suppliers;
- Support tender activities to ensure relevant sub-contractor agreements;
- Monitor and follow up on contractual compliance;
- Work proactively with cost reductions for purchased services and products;
- Review purchase requisitions and identify sources of supply;
- Advise internal stakeholders on modifications/alternatives, procurement issues and providing support and guidance at all stages of the procurement cycle;
- Advise stakeholders of modifications from original requests (if alternative, more cost efficient, or otherwise beneficial alternatives exist) ;
- Select contract/supplier compliant with requisition in accordance with defined strategy and agreements;
- Participate as required in global and regional strategic sourcing projects;
- Track relevant performance indicators on supplier and internal stakeholder contract compliance; define and take corrective actions to improve – contributing to the OI Procurement team scorecard;
- Apply and knowledge transfer and experience to other team members to maximize team performance.
Who you are:
- Knowledgeable of procurement best practice, aligned to deliver against the procurement policy;
- 2-5 years’ experience of sourcing / working with external suppliers, preferably within the offshore or marine industry;
- Strong understanding of quality management such as standards, regulations and applicable policies and procedures;
- Previous experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system: 1-5 years;
- Previous experience in a projectized work environment: 1-5 years;
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong negotiating and assertive decision making skills;
- Highly self-motivated & directed, with a keen attention to detail;
- Strong trouble-shooting skills;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Interested in the others and strives for the best for the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Integrity, credibility, and maturity for confidential issues;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- Knowledge of international shipping practices;
- Previous experience within workboat or offshore maritime industry;
- Knowledge of Sustainable Procurement practices and has ESG ;
- CIPS qualified or working towards CIPS levels;
- Familiar with ISO9001 & ISO14001;
- Experience working with the NetSuite ERP system;
- Experience working with DNV ShipManager planned maintenance system;
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
Click here to apply.