We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Benefits and Payroll Specialist to join our People and Culture team. Reporting to the People and Culture Lead (Regional), the successful candidate will be responsible for managing our employee benefits programs and ensuring accurate and timely payroll processing.
Work Country: Portugal or UK
Work Location: Hybrid
Division/Department: People and Culture
Reports to: People and Culture Lead (Regional)
What will you do:
- Coordinates payroll administrative activities from the P&C side for the region, ensuring that:
- Data in Workday is correct and updated, including new joiners and leavers;
- Monthly salaries reflect holidays, parental leave, deductions, bonuses and sickness, so that Finance may process payroll
- Confidentiality of all payroll and benefits-related information is maintained;
- Coordinates benefits administrative activities for the region:
- Maintains and updates employee records and benefits files;
- Co-ordinates daily benefits processing, including enrolments, terminations and claims;
- Advises and informs employees of the details of the company’s benefits program;
- Resolve benefits-related issues and responds to queries;
- Research new employee benefits plans and vendors, including in new countries if required;
- Liaises with vendors and negotiates and co-ordinates contracts for new and existing plans;
- Evaluate the efficiency and value of current benefits programs and make recommendations for improvement;
- Automates and streamlines payroll and benefits processes to reduce administrative burdens, improve accuracy, and increase efficiency;
- Acts as the primary point of contact for employee inquiries related to benefits and payroll;
- Ensures compliance with all local and national regulations related to benefits and payroll.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in benefits and payroll administration, with experience managing employee benefits programs and processing payroll;
- Strong knowledge of payroll and benefits regulations and compliance requirements;
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Knowledge of employment law and regulations;
- Strong understanding of quality management such as standards, regulations and applicable policies and procedures;
- Good practical experience with payroll software and office tools: MS Office, Google Drive, Teams, e-mail, among others;
- Strong work ethics and ability to treat sensitive information in a professional manner;
- Thoughtful, thorough, and conscientious;
- Interested in others and strives for the best for the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company’s purpose;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- Experience with the HRMS used at Ocean Infinity – Workday;
- Experience with global benefits and payroll administration, including managing programs across multiple countries;
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) certification, or equivalent if trained outside of UK;
- Knowledge of accounting and financial principles related to payroll processing.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
For applications, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.