AUV Technician – Onshore -
We’re a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag ageing industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We’re not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking an AUV Technician – Onshore to maintain our fleet of Kongsberg Hugin Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUV’s), prepare the company’s mobile AUV systems for future projects, develop system improvements and assist with integration with the remote Armada vessels.
Work location: Southampton, UK (with occasional travel)
Division / Department: Operations
Reports to: AUV Manager and AUV Technical Lead
What will you do:
- Be familiar with the company’s operational procedures relating to the performance of their duties;
- Complete pre-project planning documentation and maintenance logs required in the fulfilment of the contractual work scope;
- Become familiar with the operation, maintenance and fault-finding for the assigned system, including the Launch and Recovery System;
- Be responsible for the performance of tasks within the preventative maintenance program as assigned and delegated by the AUV manager or AUV technical lead. The updating of maintenance records and recording of tasks completed;
- Prepare system sensors for calibration;
- Assist with asset management tasks;
- Perform system software upgrades as authorised by the AUV manager;
- Attend project mobilisations and demobilisations globally if and when required;
- Assist with research and development projects driven by the company;
- Be prepared to participate in offshore operations if required during equipment trials and to build upon system knowledge and experience;
- Be familiar with the applicable sections of the companies HSE policy;
- Work in a manner that ensures safe operations for all;
- Responsible for ensuring that all equipment and safety equipment is fit for purpose prior to use;
- Responsible for maintaining awareness during the performance of assigned duties, recognising the effect changes may have on safe performance;
- Maintain effective communication and working relationships with other colleagues, both junior and senior;
- Participate in lessons learnt sessions and assist working towards and implementing improvements;
- Proficient with Kongsberg Hugin Operator and Payload software.
- Remain current with system developments within the industry.
Limit of Authority:
- The AUV Technician has the authority to take the necessary actions to fulfil the responsibilities and duties as defined above;
- The AUV Technician has both the authority and the obligation to stop any work process that he feels is not being performed in a safe matter;
- The AUV Technician may be delegated additional project specific authorities by the AUV Manager.
Who you are:
- HND or degree qualified in electronic or electrical systems;
- Competent with IT systems and networking;
- Confident user of computers and software applications;
- Ability to understand technical drawings and system schematics;
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Understanding of mechanical systems;
- Understanding of basic hydraulics;
- BOSIET and offshore medical certificates.
What you can expect:
Since the beginning we are committed to provide all our people with the best possible work conditions and benefits. Therefore, as we grow globally, we are constantly striving to go beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average.
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe that our environment can be anyone’s environment, and one that is sensitive to local needs.
For applications, please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com