We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking an Assistant Technical Superintendent. As the Assistant Technical Superintendent, you are a key part of the Technical Department with responsibility for part of the fleet in operation. You will be responsible for newbuild program marine elements, sea trials, delivery support and bringing into operation of vessels assigned. You will be key in managing our ongoing relations with long term Vendors & Contractors.
Work Country: Southampton, UK with global travel
Work Location: Office/Remote
Reports to: Marine Engineering Lead
What will you do:
- Oversight of the newbuild elements assigned;
- Support the creation of the maintenance system from newbuild;
- Support Root cause analysis/Investigation for technical failures;
- Warranty and guarantee management;
- Manage relationships with key Suppliers;
- Provide day to day support and advisory with respect to technical requirements of part of the Armada fleet;
- Adequate instruction and coaching of crewmembers with regards to on board maintenance, administration and vessel/shore reporting;
- Assist the Technical Superintendents to manage spare parts stocks and ordering equipment and services for vessels and ensuring Inventories are updated from delivery;
- Assist the Technical Superintendents to compile and monitor the budget for the assigned Armada vessels;
- Coordinates technical activities in close corporation with relevant departments;
- Together with the Marine Engineering Lead, supervise and instruct onsite colleagues;
- Verifying applicable technical rules and regulations and monitor changes;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Marine Engineering Lead.
Who you are:
- Technical education and experience in Shipping/Shipbuilding preferable in Offshore vessels;
- Seagoing Marine Engineering qualification or equivalent;
- Team Player;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with personnel at all levels within the organisation;
- Adaptability and problem-solving capability;
- Strong technical and engineering skills;
- Thoughtful, thorough and conscientious;
- Interested in others and strives for the best for the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Integrity, credibility and maturity for confidential issues;
- Ability to work as a trusted advisor with senior stakeholders;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- 2nd Engineer CoC;
- Combined Electro/Mechanical background;
- UKKOA Medical.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
For applications, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org