Assistant Technical Superintendent -
Ocean Infinity is seeking an Assistant Technical Superintendent.
Ocean Infinity is a pioneer of large scale marine robotic operations deploying robotic technologies to capture ocean data and deliver maritime solutions whilst minimising our environmental footprint. We are building the world’s largest fleet of marine robotic vehicles, offering the safest and most sustainable operations the industry has ever seen. Our purpose is to innovate using robotics and technology to transform industries, enabling people and the planet to thrive.
Our core belief that the seemingly impossible can be achieved with innovative, creative thinkers and cutting-edge technology has remained at the heart of the company. Ocean Infinity is a place where creativity and innovation is demanded and allowed to flourish. The team is constantly developing the most advanced technology and data handling capabilities in order to remain at the forefront of the industry.
Ocean Infinity Group Ltd is a leading data analytics and marine robotics business. Operating in the oceans worldwide we push industry boundaries with innovative technology and thinking. We safely and sustainably deliver ultra-high-quality data that has been acquired at unmatched speeds. We provide answers for our clients in a way the industry has never seen before.
Work location: Southampton, United Kingdom (with global travel)
Division / Department: Marine
Reports to: Marine Engineering Lead
As the Assistant Technical Superintendent, you are a key part of the Technical Department with responsibility for part of the fleet in operation. You will be coordinating work on board your assigned vessels; which includes pro-active maintenance, repairs and trouble- shooting as well as dry-dockings and refits at our own facility or shipyards. You will be key in managing our ongoing relations with long term Vendors & Contractors.
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Manage technical maintenance and mechanical repairs for the Armada fleet according to the vessels PMS;
- Coordinate Maintenance and repairs to ensure minimum downtime;
- Root cause analysis/Investigation for technical failures, assisting onsite Technicians and Vendors with fault finding;
- Ensures proactive maintenance is carried out on board the vessels with engineers and site managers according to the PMS;
- Manage relationships with key Suppliers;
- Provide day to day support and advisory with respect to technical requirements of part of the Armada fleet;
- Adequate instruction and coaching of crewmembers with regards to on board maintenance, administration and vessel/shore reporting;
- Planning and arranging drydocking and refits together with Class and Flag inspections;
- Assist the Technical Superintendent manage spare parts stocks and ordering equipment and services for vessels and ensuring Inventories are updated;
- Assist the Technical Superintendent compile and monitor the budget for the assigned Armada vessels;
- Coordinates technical activities in close corporation with relevant departments;
- Together with the Marine Engineering Lead supervise and instruct Technical Engineers and Mechanics;
- Verifying applicable technical rules and regulations and monitor changes;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Marine Engineering Lead.
- Technical education and experience preferably in Shipping/Shipbuilding;
- Marine Engineering qualification or equivalent;
- Coordination experience in the technical field preferably in the Maritime industry;
- Team Player;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with personnel at all levels within the organization;
- Adaptability and problem-solving capability;
- Strong technical and engineering skills.
- 2nd Engineer CoC;
- Combined Electro/Mechanical background;
- UKKOA Medical.
All Team Members
- Complies with Ocean Infinity management system policies, all OIMS practices, programs, and procedures;
- Successfully completes required training as identified by OIMS and the management team;
- Participates in the OIMS by reporting events, attending meetings and workshops, reporting problems, and recommending improvements, and other related activities;
- Informs an Ocean Infinity Supervisor, Team Lead, or Manager of any unidentified risks, hazards, or system deficiencies in the workplace;
- Supports Ocean Infinity’s environmental and social goals.
Ocean Infinity is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
For applications, please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com