We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking a Remote IT Mobilisation Engineer to support the IT Infrastructure onboard our Armada vessels and connectivity system to our remote control centre, which is based in Southampton. This role requires to travel to various locations around the globe to support our infrastructure, reporting directly to the Armada IT Operations Manager.
Work Country: United Kingdom
Work Location: Remote (International travel will be expected as and when required)
Division/Department: Armada IT Operations
Reports to: Armada IT Operations
What will you do:
- Mobilizations and remote installs in various locations around the globe;
- Racking equipment and documenting IT Assets into an established Asset Management tool;
- Monitoring, managing and troubleshooting IT & Network issues across the Armada fleet;
- Resolve 1st and 2nd line IT support incidents and requests;
- Respond to, diagnose and fault find monitoring alerts and tickets in a queuing system;
- Manage ticket queues and ensure response and resolution SLA’s are met;
- Document, schedule and implement change requests for the Armada fleet and RCC;
- Perform root cause analysis on critical issues and establish improvements to prevent repeat occurrences;
- Analyse metrics and contribute to operational reporting;
- Create and document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Who you are:
- Strong experience in troubleshooting and problem solving network related issues;
- Experience as a 1st Line Engineer or similar position;
- A high degree of attention to detail, strong organisational skills and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical teams to identify issues and implement remedial actions;
- Good understanding and experience with ticketing systems, such as ServiceNow, Zendesk and ServiceDesk Plus;
- Thoughtful, thorough and conscientious;
- Interested in others and strives for the best for the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Integrity, credibility and maturity for confidential issues;
- Ability to work as a trusted advisor with senior stakeholders;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company’s purpose;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative.
- Obtained an entry level IT Qualification (pref. Networking);
- Have at least 2 years experience working as a 1st /2nd line engineer;
- Experience troubleshooting Network Hardware;
- Vendor management and ability to escalate appropriately;
- Good understanding and experience using monitoring tools, such as LogicMonitor Zabbix and CloudWatch.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
Click here to apply.