3D Artist -
We are seeking an individual for a 3D Artist position.
Ocean Infinity is a pioneer of large scale marine robotic operations deploying robotic technologies to capture ocean data and deliver maritime solutions whilst minimising our environmental footprint. Our purpose is to innovate using robotics and technology to transform industries, enabling people and the planet to thrive. Ocean Infinity is a place where creativity and innovation is demanded and allowed to flourish.
Ocean Infinity recently acquired the Portuguese company Abyssal, which develops and implements proprietary software solutions for the offshore industry geared towards improving the safety and efficiency of subsea operations.
The company’s technology ranges from a managed cloud data platform, synthetic environments, advanced 3D visualisation and operation management system tools. The software created is mission-critical and strives for extreme reliability.
Work location: Porto, Portugal
Division / Department: Creative Team
Reports to: Creative Lead
We create marketing and digital content to showcase our vision and products. The main function of this position is to create high quality models. Artists are required to be versatile and build ideally both organic and hard surface assets.
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the rest of the Creative Team to produce top quality assets;
- 3d modeling high end assets to 3d Game engine or Animation;
- Deliver high quality work, within design constraints, poly count and current workflow, in a timely manner;
- Strong organizational skills and discipline tracking your own work;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to do self-directed learning;
- Investigate new workflows, tools and efficiencies within the department;
- Help solve technical issues with your own work as well as helping teammates;
- Receive feedback and modify work based on art direction.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven ability to model hard surface structures, vehicles;
- Very good knowledge of job-related software – Modo, Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, Unreal Engine;
- Experience with asset creation workflows and pipelines;
- Strong skills in texturing and painting;
- Experience with Substance Painter/Designer.
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
- Rigging/animation skills;
- Programming skills;
- Complies with Ocean Infinity management system policies, all OIMS practices, programs, and procedures.
- Successfully completes required training as identified by OIMS and the management tea.m
- Participates in the OIMS by reporting events, attending meetings and workshops, reporting problems, and recommending improvements, and other related activities.
- Informs an Ocean Infinity Supervisor, Team Lead, or Manager of any unidentified risks, hazards, or system deficiencies in the workplace.
- Supports Ocean Infinity’s environmental and social goals.
- Opportunity to actively contribute towards UN Sustainable Development Goals and address the global challenges we face;
- Informal environment and flexible hours;
- Health insurance for you and your family for free;
- Travel Insurance for you and your family for free;
- Partnership discounts;
- Personalized training, providing personal and professional growth;
- Career progression;
- Team Building activities;
- Fruit, coffee and occasionally some treats.
Ocean Infinity is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Click here to apply.