MH370 Search Weekly Report 1
This operational search report has been developed to provide regular updates on the progress of the current search efforts to locate MH370. Please be assured that work is continuing and is aimed at finding MH370.
- The vessel Seabed Constructor arrived at the search area on 21 January 2018 and launched the first Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) at 0055 hrs local time (0255 hrs Malaysia time) on 22 January 2018.
- Eight AUVs are being utilized for the search operation.
- The vessel has completed phase 1 (shaded area) depicted in diagram 2.
- The total area covered as of 28 January 2018 is 4500 square kilometers.
- No significant contacts identified to date.
View the full report MH370 Search Weekly Report 1